Groups

iphone cracked screen in corner

Banned
    dropped my iphone and managed to get a little crack in the corner of the screen, hasnt affected the touch screen bit but near the borrom left hand corner where the black bit is. lol (pic below)

can i replace the top cover of the iphone? and where?
    and how much does it approximately cost?

thanks for your help in advance

13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2294/iphonec.jpg

think it's about 50-70 for a new screen fitted

Original Poster Banned

bikerjodie;8869413

even though the lcd is not affected at all?

bikerjodie;8869413

Cost you more to get it fitted.

The screen itself can be bought for less than £15.

ebay item: 120584993935

£8 delivered, with all the tools needed.

EDIT

How to can be found on Youtube. Follow those step by step and you won't go far wrong.

Original Poster Banned

thanksss..
    by the way, whats a digitizer?

thedealsealer;8869524

thanksss..by the way, whats a digitizer?

Not totally sure to be honest! But it comes with it.. lol

Here

vimeo.com/242…506

Original Poster Banned

thanks for your help, il enquire at my local phone shop. should cost me less than a tenner if i do it myself or if the phone shop say £20, ill leave it to them
    rep left to you all

Banned

tree fiddy!

and its sorted..

Personally I would take it into the apple store and see what they say. You never know they may offer you a replacement.

Original Poster Banned

aircanman;8869872

Personally I would take it into the apple store and see what they say. … Personally I would take it into the apple store and see what they say. You never know they may offer you a replacement.

yeah its still in warranty but was just wondering what my excuse would be to what happened lol :oops:

thedealsealer;8869903

yeah its still in warranty but was just wondering what my excuse would be … yeah its still in warranty but was just wondering what my excuse would be to what happened lol :oops:

Just say it was in your pocket and this happened, act all silly and ask if they can do anything.

Original Poster Banned

yeahh good point, ill go down and see what they say thanks for your help, rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions