Groups

iPhone Dillemna

Well, my current pay-monthly iPhone 3GS contract ends is due for an upgrade in just 3 days! The guy on the phone said the new iPhone (4G?) comes out in July, and reccomended keeping my current (pricy!) contract til then, and then just upgrading.

Is he talking a load of sh*t to get me to stay paying £35 per month? What would you guys do?

8 Comments

Why don't you ask to downgrade the tariff and wait, or if it's o2, go onto the simplicity tariff and then you can always upgrade to the new iphone after that.

To be honest mate i wouldnt upgrade from the 3gs now as yes theres a new Iphone coming around julyish - id downgrade your contract and then upgrade when the new one comes out

Supposidly its going to have this kind of shape
    http://modmyi.com/images/pauldanielash/iphone4g.png

Of course he's trying to convince you to stick with your current tariff until June/July, and then obviously beyond that because you'll need to stick with it for the 4G no doubt as well. Let's not forget that that is his job.

Whether or not it suits you to stick depends on how much you want the 4G, a phone which will clearly be an upgrade over the 3GS, but which to date we only know sketchy details about. Personally I have a 3GS and it serves me better than I expected, and as such I won't be scrambling for a 4G when it comes out. If you're happy with the 3GS at the moment and don't think you'll need the 4G, then just downgrade now.

Original Poster

Cheers guys, rep left! Thing is, if I "downgrade" now, does this mean that taking out a new contract with the new iPhone would cost me more? Basically, would I get a better deal upgrading directly from a proper 3GS contract than a simplicity one, that would ultimately save me money in the end?

]Simplicity is the way forward. Quidco too if you do it right. Rolling 1 month contract:thumbsup:

Imo iphone retention offers are never given.

Not really followed the iphone prices etc. as they've always been too pricey for me. Have been looking around and see you can get one from tescos for £230, £20pm on a 12 month. Am quite interested in this however i'm thinking i might as well wait until the (supposed)4G is released, has the trend in the past that the new model gets released with the same contracts offered?

Banned

sancho1983;8113246

Not really followed the iphone prices etc. as they've always been too … Not really followed the iphone prices etc. as they've always been too pricey for me. Have been looking around and see you can get one from tescos for £230, £20pm on a 12 month. Am quite interested in this however i'm thinking i might as well wait until the (supposed)4G is released, has the trend in the past that the new model gets released with the same contracts offered?

not really mate, new iphones will cost through the roof, remember that it has not even been anounced yet. if you have got to a point where you can afford one now, I suggest you get one now. then if need be sell it an upgrade. The phone will still be worth a nice whack when the new one comes out...

Banned

I LOL'd at phone operator saying the 4G was coming out.

He's not wrong, but I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be telling customers!

I'd definitely consider sim only until june/july time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3931588
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846336
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate11
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418014161

See more discussions