Groups

Iphone does not turn on!, help

Banned
    Not turning on at all, will not charge, its out of Warranty, does anyone have any Idea how much will Apple charge for repair?

13 Comments

What gen?

try a third party repairer....

Even a £20 SE phone has a 2 year warranty!

Original Poster Banned

boothy;7667199

What gen?try a third party repairer....

1st gen

Original Poster Banned

the porter;7667207

Hold the home and power button together see what happens or connect to … Hold the home and power button together see what happens or connect to iTunes and see what hapens

tried both, no luck

prada09;7667245

1st gen

sounds like battery 3rd party places charge about £60 for a battery swap

or try applestore,will be expensive though

other option,sell on ebay and put money towards a new one

Original Poster Banned

i am thinking of taking it to Apple but then i guess their repair quotes will start from £50 i think? has anyone had their iphone repaired by Apple?

prada09;7667318

i am thinking of taking it to Apple but then i guess their repair quotes … i am thinking of taking it to Apple but then i guess their repair quotes will start from £50 i think? has anyone had their iphone repaired by Apple?

they rarely repair,they swap it out for a refurb,normally £200 if out of warranty if they even do it

why not just but replacement battery from ebay, can get them with the required tools for about a fiver, tutorials are easy to google. It's out of warranty so give it a go!

Did you buy it new online? Distance selling regs give you a 6 year warranty on electrical goods.

Try holding the home button down, whilst holding start i tunes (obviously with the cable attached!) - hopefulld itunes will recognise the phone in recovery mode.

Painkiller;7668462

Did you buy it new online? Distance selling regs give you a 6 year … Did you buy it new online? Distance selling regs give you a 6 year warranty on electrical goods.

Where did you get this info from? Great if it can be confirmed!

Apple stores will charge you a fixed fee swap out "repair" of £139.00 as long as it is not water damaged or showing any sign of obvious mis-use, and you will get a refurbed/as new phone (as long as they have them in stock - ordering one from them can take a few days)

voyager7;7669562

Where did you get this info from? Great if it can be confirmed! Apple … Where did you get this info from? Great if it can be confirmed! Apple stores will charge you a fixed fee swap out "repair" of £139.00 as long as it is not water damaged or showing any sign of obvious mis-use, and you will get a refurbed/as new phone (as long as they have them in stock - ordering one from them can take a few days)

Taken from The One Show's Sales of Goods Act template for goods that become faulty after 6 months.

bbc.co.uk/blo…tml

6 Year warranty might not be the correct wording but the retailer is obliged to sort the problem out if an item develops a fault within 6 years after the purchase date.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2470
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767383
      3. 5am gym crew20132
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319
      5. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33

See more discussions