Found 8th Jul 2010
Hi, my 12 months free internet ran out on my Iphone so I cancelled the bolt-on while I looked around for a new deal.Since it expired i've not used the internet yet all my credit disappeared, I complained to O2 who gave me another £5 of credit yet this has all but gone too.
Anyone know what the issue could be?

Cheers

14 Comments

Automatic apple apps updates?

switch off cellular data network,

is it still pushing your email? you would be astounded how much credit that uses!

you'll find it under settings/about (i think), i ended up using alot of data on holiday although i was in a wifi zone, apparently the iphone automatically jumps to cellular data if the wifi drops, there's no notification on it, it just does it and you get the bill, speak to the iphone people through your network, they should fully refund you (i got mine through o2)

The only way to fully stop it, is to put on airplane mode too!!!! i know.... then you wont' receive phone calls and i thought this was the purpose of the iphone!! Still, try to keep your cellular data network off and just be carefull in wifi areas.

Can you change the password on the celular network settings so it cannot connect and get online that way?

i want to sell my phone and get an iphone but i'm in a rather long contract with vodafone at the mo. i have 500 mb (i think) included, will that be enough to not get charged extra? how much data on average does the iphone use per month? thanks

Original Poster

I thought it might be that, you think they'd have warned me, i'm planning on switching to GiffGaff anyway.

sickly sweet

Can you change the password on the celular network settings so it cannot … Can you change the password on the celular network settings so it cannot connect and get online that way?

No, you're password locks the phone not the internet usage

bikerjodie

The only way to fully stop it, is to put on airplane mode too!!!! i … The only way to fully stop it, is to put on airplane mode too!!!! i know.... then you wont' receive phone calls and i thought this was the purpose of the iphone!! Still, try to keep your cellular data network off and just be carefull in wifi areas.

That's not true. I use my UK iPhone contract in the Czech Republic with Data Roaming off and incure no extra data fees

Wooderson

I thought it might be that, you think they'd have warned me, i'm planning … I thought it might be that, you think they'd have warned me, i'm planning on switching to GiffGaff anyway.

They don't warn anyone, apparently a little known fault with the iphone that they won't do anything about, particularly costly overseas!

missp27

i want to sell my phone and get an iphone but i'm in a rather long … i want to sell my phone and get an iphone but i'm in a rather long contract with vodafone at the mo. i have 500 mb (i think) included, will that be enough to not get charged extra? how much data on average does the iphone use per month? thanks

This is more than sufficient for normal users.

Original Poster

Anyone know if i'll need to unlock my iphone to use Giffgaff, i'd heard they were a subsidary of O2.If so is it possible with a jailbroken 3G running OS 4?

Cheers

Iphone dont like blank apn just change the apn from co.uk to co.u_ and it will no longer connect
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2689
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564112
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.610
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769272

See more discussions