Groups

Iphone from USA?

My sister is heading off to the states in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows what the policy is to buy a 3g iphone from there? I remember reading the old 2g version could be bought in store and activated at home, could I get her to just buy a 3g Iphone from there and pretend it will be activated at home?

And will it work perfectly here?

Thanks

7 Comments

The policy is the same as UK now as far as im aware, you wont leave the store with the phone until you have signed up for the contract. Im also pretty sure there are no plans for payg iphone 3g in the US.

united002;2872702

The policy is the same as UK now as far as im aware, you wont leave the … The policy is the same as UK now as far as im aware, you wont leave the store with the phone until you have signed up for the contract. Im also pretty sure there are no plans for payg iphone 3g in the US.

looks like a PAYG version is coming out in the UK

business.timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

Yeah its up on o2's website, but not for the US (they have been moaning since this was first rumoured months ago!)

United you are mistaken. I bought my iphone the 2g versionat the apple shop in orlando millenium mall and they didnt ask me to sign a contract - i returned to uk - forgot to declare it at customs - got it unlocked and it works like a dream

thankshotdeals;2955268

United you are mistaken. I bought my iphone the 2g versionat the apple … United you are mistaken. I bought my iphone the 2g versionat the apple shop in orlando millenium mall and they didnt ask me to sign a contract - i returned to uk - forgot to declare it at customs - got it unlocked and it works like a dream

I think they changed it for the 3g version.

They changed the options with the 3g iPhone, you could buy the original iPhone from all suppliers without signing a contract (UK included because i did it from o2). You were supposed to sign up at home through itunes, but apple and the networks lost a lot of money by people unlocking and jaolbreaking so changed it with the 3g version.

Banned

With the exchange rates as they now are, its probably no longer such a good price! Plus remember to check on any Warrenty conditions.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…914
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32162
      4. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE45

See more discussions