Groups

iphone fw 3.0 unlock tomorrow at some point

Yell0wsn0w 3.0 will be showcased later today, this will enable any iPhone 3G user running the new 3.0 Firmware to software unlock their iPhone no mater what bootloader you have.

No more sim adapters
    As anyone reading this blog must already know, this is the big week where Apple releases their official 3.0 FW to the public (Wednesday), and then the new iPhone2,1 hardware, aka the iPhone 3GS (Friday).

On Tuesday evening (just before the big Apple release) well do a live demo of the yellowsn0w carrier unlock working on official 3.0 firmware. The actual link for the feed will be twittered by @MuscleNerd (see our twitter feeds to the right) and also placed here when the feed starts. The demo should answer everything you need to know about the new yellowsn0w. But its good news for iPhone 3G unlockers everywhere.

Meanwhile, were in the middle of testing our PwnageTool and QuickPwn tools, which will work with iTunes 8.2. The jailbreak of course continues to work on 3.0 for all devices it ever worked on, thanks due the Pwnage 2.0 technique released last summer. Our tools will be released no sooner than the Apple release (just in case!).

P.S. For the new iPhone 3GS, please dont expect periodic updates about any progress we have or dont have. Nothing gives Apple the upper hand like someone tweeting or blogging partial hack results. Thats not how cat & mouse is played Thats how the cat gets fed.

29 Comments

Cheers, will keep an eye out for this

subscribed

Nice one porter!

Will keep a lookout on this :thumbsup:

the porter;5507686

tomtom out on app store tomorrow as well

Who uses the app store? :whistling:

tomtom won't work on the 3G anyway.

Banned

the porter;5507686

tomtom out on app store tomorrow as well

Ooh! That would come in handy. Has the firmware upgrade inproved the GPS? (I say that 'cos the app I used with mine shows its pretty innacurate ATM.)

I wonder how much that would have cost! :whistling:

guv;5509679

Ooh! That would come in handy. Has the firmware upgrade inproved the GPS? … Ooh! That would come in handy. Has the firmware upgrade inproved the GPS? (I say that 'cos the app I used with mine shows its pretty innacurate ATM.)I wonder how much that would have cost! :whistling:

The compass in 3GS is what makes the GPS better, tom tom will only work with 3GS i believe (or so i've read)

so i can upgrade to 3.0 then jailbreak it again?

Banned

t0mm;5509688

The compass in 3GS is what makes the GPS better, tom tom will only work … The compass in 3GS is what makes the GPS better, tom tom will only work with 3GS i believe (or so i've read)

Compass?

souljacker;5509718

so i can upgrade to 3.0 then jailbreak it again?

Sounds like it!

guv;5509733

Compass?Sounds like it!

3GS has a compass in it which allows point-to-point GPS.
    tomtom for iphone information was released the same day as the 3GS was announced.
    I guess it's meant for the 3GS

It'd be really stupid if it's not on the 3G though.

guv;5509733

Sounds like it!

excellent :thumbsup:

Banned

t0mm;5509747

3GS has a compass in it which allows point-to-point GPS. tomtom for … 3GS has a compass in it which allows point-to-point GPS. tomtom for iphone information was released the same day as the 3GS was announced. I guess it's meant for the 3GSIt'd be really stupid if it's not on the 3G though.

Unless the inbuilt GPS device really is that poor on the 3G version (which could be the case), I can't see it wouldnt be made available. Maybe its currently only able to receive fewer satellite signals than it needs to be properly functional. Certainly the newer receivers can track upto 32 satellites (which isn't actually possible!)... so it might be the current phones can only pick up a maximum of 4. Even so, all thats needed is 3. 'Tis a weird one!

Still struggling with what this compass is about! GPS devices dont need a compass. The satellite signals, coupled with the software work all that out!

I hope the 3GS jailbreak comes out soon after Friday lol

Banned

anyone know if this is at midnight or what cheers

the porter;5508214

not you as u dont have an iphone

Ohhh cold, i want it back now :x

Banned

RuthIess;5510136

Ohhh cold, i want it back now :x

lmao, u got a tat instead naughty boy lmao

Banned

the porter;5509962

http://redirectingat.com/?id=223X354&url=http%3A//iphone.tomtom.com/its … http://redirectingat.com/?id=223X354&url=http%3A//iphone.tomtom.com/its compatible with the 3g and 3gs

Looks pants. Why the hell do you need a docking station to run GPS? (Apart from the fact the internal GPS is also pants!)

No doubt people will buy it....... But it wont be a reason to buy an iPhone. My old HTC works fine without this tosh and extra expense. But then, isn't that the apple way?

guv;5510171

Looks pants. Why the hell do you need a docking station to run GPS? … Looks pants. Why the hell do you need a docking station to run GPS? (Apart from the fact the internal GPS is also pants!)No doubt people will buy it....... But it wont be a reason to buy an iPhone. My old HTC works fine without this tosh and extra expense. But then, isn't that the apple way?

Dont think you need the docking station, its just to put it on your windscreen (where else are you gonna put it when driving?!)

Banned

t0mm;5510260

Dont think you need the docking station, its just to put it on your … Dont think you need the docking station, its just to put it on your windscreen (where else are you gonna put it when driving?!)

the TomTom car kit that offers secure docking, enhanced GPS performance

Unless of course they are lying! No doubt it will all come out in the wash.

If they are, any old holder will do the job.

Banned

anyone know if its midnight then or what plz

Banned

gsettle24;5510486

Theres already been a post with a direct apple link to get it now if you want it!

i wonder how it hangs for a virgin V1 iPod touch to upgrade? I know (I think) this is just for the phone ATM.... but its bound to be released for the touch as well. Or am I talking out of my ass!

gsettle24;5510486

probably about 3/4pm uk time

Banned

boothy;5510572

probably about 3/4pm uk time

That's weird (or normal for this site!)

There was a post a short while ago with an Apple link to get it now.... ]the thread has been removed!

Banned

guv;5510667

That's weird (or normal for this site!)There was a post a short while ago … That's weird (or normal for this site!)There was a post a short while ago with an Apple link to get it now.... ]the thread has been removed!

im downloading it now but the guy who made it said he was just installing it so i wanted to see what happened

Banned

gsettle24;5510709

im downloading it now but the guy who made it said he was just installing … im downloading it now but the guy who made it said he was just installing it so i wanted to see what happened

LOL... chicken! I'm guessing thats the reason theyve removed it. Dont want anyone claiming their phones been damaged by a link from here!

Banned

well i suppose but im in two minds whether to just wait....hmmm

Banned

the unlock doesnt come out till friday, ive got up well early to do this as well!! :@

gsettle24;5510152

lmao, u got a tat instead naughty boy lmao

And a HTC Touch HD and lots of clothes! :whistling:

Still want the new iphone though !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?811
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions