Found 6th Aug 2008
Buying an iphone but the guy said i might need something to use it? i have a contract o2 sim card, what else will i need? sorry to be so dumb hah...thanks in advance

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
14 Comments

cant you ask him what you need? you'll need itunes unless its been unlocked, is it 3G or old 2G one?

Original Poster

he doesnt know....he had it on contract....its the 2g one

i have itunes....

will it need to be unlocked to work with my contract sim?

if he had it on contract its probably not been unlocked and you shall need ziphone and to follow this thread

hotukdeals.com/ite…yo/

Banned

As above once Ziphone has been used it will be unlocked and give you the installer application where you can download loads of games and apps.

He may be on about a turbo sim too, however not sure if it works with the iPhone or not.

Good luck mate

Original Poster

thanks MM ive stuck it in my favs....

in one of the points, u said you left the original sim card in. What if you dont have that? will it still go thru the process fine? again thanks, rep added

Original Poster

king1gazza;2684821

As above once Ziphone has been used it will be unlocked and give you the … As above once Ziphone has been used it will be unlocked and give you the installer application where you can download loads of games and apps.He may be on about a turbo sim too, however not sure if it works with the iPhone or not.Good luck mate

thanks...im aware of a thread on here recommending all the apps etc, so will be heading there once its done lol...

i just think he meant that i cant just stick my o2 sim card in and it will work........but he wasnt sure

Banned

You don't need the original sim for the unlock process as i lost mine LOL and still managed to do it. =)

iLiberty+ is the better software to use for unlocking

Banned

I found ZiPhone better imo. Some people had problems others didn't.

When I bought my iPhone, I just stuck my PAYG O2 sim inside and activated with iTunes......

Original Poster

lol ok ill try everything

anyone know where the apps threads gone?

Banned

No but i remember it clearly cos it was a great thread. Instead type in google: iPhone school.

All the apps and games you need with descriptions =)

tazandsaz;2685817

lol ok ill try everythinganyone know where the apps threads gone?

Is this the thread?

]http//ww…r-/

Original Poster

excelent find thanks mate..rep given
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal35
    2. Wireless earphones33
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47