iphone help

Posted 27th Oct
My daughters iphone 7 has died after 5 months - she did an update then following this it asked her to restore her phone which she tried ... and now its wiped off everything on her phone
It is only 4 months old ... ( but has had a non genuine screen fitted as she dropped in the first week of having it !) - will this void the warranty if I take it back to an apple store to get this problem with the software resolved.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Yes will void the warrenty
Yeah it will void the warranty you can try but they do check that.
If you google though there is something about it in America that Apple have stopped voiding warranties for third party screen replacement if the issue has nothing to do with this
Take it to an Apple store and find out. Pointless asking us
Talk to Apple.
Ask Apple online, I superglued my Apple Watch screen because it fell apart from a known issue with the design, they replaced the whole thing free of charge and I was out of warranty
What do you mean when you say "it's wiped everything on her phone"? Have you tried doing a soft reboot and/or force restart? ismash.com/blo…one
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 27th Oct
Yep and spoke to Apple over the phone and followed the steps .. took it back to 02 however because there is a small crack in the camera they will not help until she has paid for the repair to the camera lens something witch has nothing to do with the actual problem
Is the phone working after wiping everything off?
Is there no back up of device ? iCloud or iTunes?
Nope she doesn't have an icloud - and when she tried to do a restore with ITunes it just locked up
Nope she doesn't have an icloud - and when she tried to do a restore with ITunes it just locked up
pidz27/10/2019 17:54

Ask Apple online, I superglued my Apple Watch screen because it fell apart …Ask Apple online, I superglued my Apple Watch screen because it fell apart from a known issue with the design, they replaced the whole thing free of charge and I was out of warranty

Which watch was that the hen pls
Gen pls
Are you sure she didn’t have an iCloud backup, I’m pretty sure it did that automatically... you usually get 5gb free space so won’t have cost anything to set up.... worth a look
Always get phone insurance, as most people drops there phone or smash the front.
Look for a decent insurance go to Martin Lewis site and look there
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants