Groups

Iphone HELP....

Hey People, i am thinking of buying another iphone for my sister as a present, i have seen one but the guy is saying that It's currently configured to work on the AT&T network.. i was wondering how to go about using it on 02 network...

Do i need to get it jail broken???

Do i update the firmware???

Plz Help...

8 Comments

Should be a misc question.

Isn't that an american network.

I would just get an 02 one personally.

Banned

At&T networks work differently to UK as they are not GSM. I would just get a UK based iPhone as could cause problems.

an AT&T will work if you load US FW on to it but you will need to jailbreak and install Yellowsnow on 2.2.

You can't use a non AT&T sim in any FW newer than 2.2. i.e. 2.2.1 of the forthcoming 3.0 unless something radical happens in the way Apply design the bootloader.

If she ever updated it it would be locked back to AT&T

a 2g US one will be fine and can be used without issues,I would avoid a 3g one at present

Original Poster

Adam2050;5188634

Should be a misc question.Isn't that an american network.I would just get … Should be a misc question.Isn't that an american network.I would just get an 02 one personally.

sorry didnt know where to open it, my bad.

Original Poster

Mr DSP;5188696

At&T networks work differently to UK as they are not GSM. I would just … At&T networks work differently to UK as they are not GSM. I would just get a UK based iPhone as could cause problems.

thanx

Original Poster

ms2005;5189266

an AT&T will work if you load US FW on to it but you will need to … an AT&T will work if you load US FW on to it but you will need to jailbreak and install Yellowsnow on 2.2.You can't use a non AT&T sim in any FW newer than 2.2. i.e. 2.2.1 of the forthcoming 3.0 unless something radical happens in the way Apply design the bootloader.If she ever updated it it would be locked back to AT&T

so once i jail break it, how do i install yellow snow???

saj_hx;5190110

thanx

My mate has a US 2G iPhone running on T-Mobile web n walk with no problems.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions