Found 25th May 2009
Ive been looking and really cant find how to get a song for my ringtone on my iphone? anybody got any ideas? thanks in advance!

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
6 Comments

Supermod

You have to download an app for it. The iPhone doesnt allow you to do it as a normal phone would.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;5316547

You have to download an app for it. The iPhone doesnt allow you to do it … You have to download an app for it. The iPhone doesnt allow you to do it as a normal phone would.

do you know what the App is? not sure what to look for?

Supermod

nkje02;5318658

do you know what the App is? not sure what to look for?

I will have a look when I get chance and then send you a PM.

In itunes, right click song, get info, on one of the tabs it allows you to select a start stop time, select stop at 30 seconds

click ok

right click song and convert to AAC, once done select new file, right click, open in windows explorer and change the .m4v (or something like that) to . m4r

Double click and itunes will load it up as a ringtone

I find iphoneringtonemaker is pants and rarely works

anything longer the 30 seconds causes the iphone to panic

Ive got a word document that talks you through step by step how to do this

if you pm me your email address ill forward it to you!! :-)

Original Poster

ms2005;5318679

In itunes, right click song, get info, on one of the tabs it allows you … In itunes, right click song, get info, on one of the tabs it allows you to select a start stop time, select stop at 30 secondsclick okright click song and convert to AAC, once done select new file, right click, open in windows explorer and change the .m4v (or something like that) to . m4rDouble click and itunes will load it up as a ringtoneI find iphoneringtonemaker is pants and rarely worksanything longer the 30 seconds causes the iphone to panic

im really cant do it, ive done up to convert to acc but now stuck, also how do you get the songf back to playing full version, i changed it back to not finish at 30 secs but it still does. thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564058
    2. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)91184
    3. Leicester sack their manager!69
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7851474

See more discussions