Groups

Iphone help

Just bought a 2nd hand Iphone. Is there any way I can delete everything thats already on there and still keep the jailbreak?

For some reason I can't receive texts either....

20 Comments

what firmware is it running

Original Poster

snarff;6758161

what firmware is it running

teambintip;6758183

the only way is to restore it with 3.0 firmware and then re-jailbreak

text wise what settings are on the phone

you can download an app called cydelete, which allows you to delete #apps installed the same way you can do the normal apps.

Other than that, best deleting stuff via cydia

Original Poster

snarff;6758237

text wise what settings are on the phone

To be honest I don't even know where to look for them :oops: Going to have a better look when I get home

take the battery out ;-)

Connect it to iTunes & do a full restore, however this will wipe the jailbreak but if you can use google then you can find out how to re-jailbreak it yourself. Much more satisfying...

2scoops2

Original Poster

2scoops2;6758889

take the battery out ;-)Connect it to iTunes & do a full restore, however … take the battery out ;-)Connect it to iTunes & do a full restore, however this will wipe the jailbreak but if you can use google then you can find out how to re-jailbreak it yourself. Much more satisfying...2scoops2

3.12 the latest yes? and its jailbreakable?

2scoops2;6758889

take the battery out ;-)Connect it to iTunes & do a full restore, however … take the battery out ;-)Connect it to iTunes & do a full restore, however this will wipe the jailbreak but if you can use google then you can find out how to re-jailbreak it yourself. Much more satisfying...2scoops2

take a battery out of a iphone,LOL:?:?:w00t:

snarff;6759008

take a battery out of a iphone,LOL:?:?:w00t:

best get a solder iron out and let it heat up

Go to Blackra1n.com

Its a 1-click jailbreak totally automated.
    There is currently the RC2 version out which jailbreaks 3.1.2 , but soon (Wednesday november 4th) the RC3 will come out which unlocks the new baseband of the phone which comes with 3.1.2. But this isnt needed if your on O2
    The new unlock is called Blacksn0w.

Its a very simple jailbreak, a child could do it. :thumbsup:

I am after an IPhone. Thought I could only go to mobile provider to get one.

Where could I buy one (won't consider E Bay) and can I just get SIM card for it?

Original Poster

amzmalhotra;6759175

Go to Blackra1n.comIts a 1-click jailbreak totally automated.There is … Go to Blackra1n.comIts a 1-click jailbreak totally automated.There is currently the RC2 version out which jailbreaks 3.1.2 , but soon (Wednesday november 4th) the RC3 will come out which unlocks the new baseband of the phone which comes with 3.1.2. But this isnt needed if your on O2The new unlock is called Blacksn0w.Its a very simple jailbreak, a child could do it. :thumbsup:

Thought I could use the pwnage tool and not update the baseband? Its a 2g version by the way

blog.iphone-dev.org/

Original Poster

iglimpse;6759176

I am after an IPhone. Thought I could only go to mobile provider to get … I am after an IPhone. Thought I could only go to mobile provider to get one. Where could I buy one (won't consider E Bay) and can I just get SIM card for it?

Got mine on here :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Am also looking at the HTC hero which also seems ideal for me

shop.vodafone.co.uk/sho…too

looking at gettin the price down

teambintip;6759279

Thought I could use the pwnage tool and not update the baseband? Its a 2g … Thought I could use the pwnage tool and not update the baseband? Its a 2g version by the wayhttp://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Right for a 2g its simple. You can use Blackra1n for the jailbreak and bootneuter to permanently unlock your 2g iphone so no need to worry about basebands.

iglimpse;6761637

Thanks guys. Am also looking at the HTC hero which also seems ideal for … Thanks guys. Am also looking at the HTC hero which also seems ideal for mehttp://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/htc-tattoolooking at gettin the price down

That is the cheaper tattoo, not the more expensive hero. Hero has slightly better specs but both are nice. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

amzmalhotra;6767466

Right for a 2g its simple. You can use Blackra1n for the jailbreak and … Right for a 2g its simple. You can use Blackra1n for the jailbreak and bootneuter to permanently unlock your 2g iphone so no need to worry about basebands.

Do really need to use bootneuter? Theres no mention of it on the tutorials I've read :?

And i can't find a huge amount of info on it

As I understand it; I restore through itunes to 3.1.2 from 3.0 and then run blackrain. Yes?

Original Poster

Actually, it looks like rc3 of blackra1n is now out, but reading through the info i found this;

"If you are on a 2G iPhone, blacksn0w isn't an option for you. But BootNeuter is, a completely free permanent unlock for your 2G. Of course, blackra1n will work great, and even hacktivate for you."

So it looks like i need to update to 3.1.2, run blackra1n, then run bootneuter (but bootneuter only works on 1.1.4??)

amzmalhotra;6767475

That is the cheaper tattoo, not the more expensive hero. Hero has … That is the cheaper tattoo, not the more expensive hero. Hero has slightly better specs but both are nice. :thumbsup:

Did not know that. Have tried the IPhone today. Is it only Vodaphone who stock the hero, need to try it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?22
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511
      3. Galaxy Note 8 grey import23
      4. PC Build - Budget £70011

See more discussions