Groups

Iphone Help

I am supposed to be getting an iphone for my birthday next week, it is used and has a crack on the screen. Any ideas where I can get it repaired, obviously the cheaper the better. Apple store wants £135, which at the moment is WAY beyond my budget.

Hope you guys and gals can come up trumps for me!

8 Comments

The actual glass (if that's the only thing cracked, but the display is fine) will cost around £10-15. If its the entire thing ie. glass/display, the lot, then that's gonna cost around £50-70. Cost of fitting replacement (if u don't wanna do it yrself) will probably be around £20-30. So yr looking at a cost of around £70-100

Original Poster

it's pretty much just the glass, I mean I could live with it I guess. At least until I can afford the new screen. It's still in full working order so that's all that matters.

Thanks for the info!

The going rate for such repairs around my way are around the £70-100 mark (inc. new screen).
    Hv a look at item 120591523354 on ebay.
    I've never used this guy but he seems cheap & appears to be genuine, also, read his warnings abt other such sellers on ebay.

Original Poster

awesome, i will have a look!

I'd get it done at apple
    The savings arnt massive going to a local shop
    And you know apple will do a first class job

Original Poster

that's true mate thanks.

by the way loving cyanide and happiness!

you can uy the complete digitiser here for £55

justparts
    i've used them and they are really quick

Original Poster

i think it's a lowly 2nd gen, does that matter?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions