Groups

Iphone help needed

For those who may be aware, in early 2008, the original iphone was available to be purchased from Carphone Warehouse for £170 and the contract was to be activated through itunes as home, however, after jailbreaking and unlocking the phone, the contract could be avoided.

I am now intrested in purchasing apps from the Appstore, will I be safe to put my card details in my itunes account to buy apps, or will this activate the contract I was meant to enter into in 2008?

Thanks for any help/

9 Comments

Banned

what contract was this?

just buy itunes cards for credit,download the apps direct to the phone over wifi-no need to ever connect the phone to a pc.

So you obtained the phone fraudulently ?

Original Poster

barky;8867756

just buy itunes cards for credit,download the apps direct to the phone … just buy itunes cards for credit,download the apps direct to the phone over wifi-no need to ever connect the phone to a pc.

^I thought you needed to still enter credit card details, am I wrong?

just keep it jailbroken

The Singster;8867789

^I thought you needed to still enter credit card details, am I wrong?

no credit card details just click "redeem" and put the itunes card number in.

doesn't make any difference to the itunes store - once the phone is hacktivated you'll not get bugged to enter into a contract and you can buy, install and sync apps till your hearts content :-D

steve1221;8867778

So you obtained the phone fraudulently ?

No Steve, basically back just before the 3g came out apple/o2 shops were selling the 2g for £179 ( I think) and werent making you sign up to a contract in store :thumbsup:

Also if your using a o2 sim in it, you can activate it with thar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions