Groups

iphone - how do you put songs on it?

ive jalbroke it etc and cant seem to work out how to put the songs on it...and how do u set them as ringtone?

sorry for all the questions...

41 Comments

Banned

In the top of the iPhone, you will see a small hole. Stick a pin in it and press hard. It releases the sim slot.

BTW did you enjoy your hols?

Get the discs OK? Play ok?

Original Poster

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol ok ill try now

my holls were awsome....thanks...yes got the discs...and they worked fab...watched loads on the way there and back when i wasnt driving...

thanks for the tip...gonna do it now if i can find a pin lol

Original Poster

do i have to upload the new software ive got 2.0 on

Original Poster

when i connect it to my pc it says activate ur iphone etc....

my sim card is already on contract and ive had it for a few month....will activating it make any difference to the contract etc?

Original Poster

help? lol...

Although I'm not that familiar with the Iphone, as far as I'm aware you will need to 'jailbreak' it to bypass the requirement for activation - if you activate it with itunes you will be signing up for a contract.

John

Original Poster

can anyone confirm this? and help me with what to do next? as ive already got a contract so dont want another...

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;2718429

Although I'm not that familiar with the Iphone, as far as I'm aware you … Although I'm not that familiar with the Iphone, as far as I'm aware you will need to 'jailbreak' it to bypass the requirement for activation - if you activate it with itunes you will be signing up for a contract.John

thanks john... :thumbsup:

Banned

Yeah i'm pretty sure i jailbroke mine and then the activation process was taken away. When you connect your phone, end all proccesses to do with itunes etc. Do this by going to task manager. (Don't know if this step is neccessary however i did it just incase) I then loaded up ZiPhone and selected teh option do it all. This unlocks it and jailbreaks it. Your sim will then become valid and the activation part should go away.

I did this quite a few months ago, so a few steps may be different now.
    Good luck

Banned

Johnmcl7;2718429

Although I'm not that familiar with the Iphone, as far as I'm aware you … Although I'm not that familiar with the Iphone, as far as I'm aware you will need to 'jailbreak' it to bypass the requirement for activation - if you activate it with itunes you will be signing up for a contract.

It may be different with the 2G version, but on the 3G version, it effectively just activates.

I got one on Friday (obviously contract signed in shop) and there were no options for different tarrifs when it was activated through iTunes.

Having said that, Im not impressed with the phone and its going back. The only real way to use the phones capabilities is to unlock the phone and if you do, it voids the warrenty. Also the signal strength on mine is particularly poor. I expect to swap my 16GB iPhone over for a Diamond Touch this week as soon as O2 release it. Strangely no shops or the O2 site have any info, though the release date is meant to be 12th August. Looking ot the "buymobilephones.net" website, they have it in stock now (alledgedly!)

The 2G and 3G phones are quite different in this regard.

John

Original Poster

i might be selling a htc diamond soon

Banned

tazandsaz;2718606

i might be selling a htc diamond soon

??? How comes?

Its a far better device than the iPhone.

Original Poster

guv;2718621

??? How comes?Its a far better device than the iPhone.

its not mine. my sisters bf has one brand new but he doesnt like it....he may swap for ur iphone if ur interested....but id have to find out what network and all that for you and wether he wants the iphone lol

Banned

tazandsaz;2718645

its not mine. my sisters bf has one brand new but he doesnt like it....he … its not mine. my sisters bf has one brand new but he doesnt like it....he may swap for ur iphone if ur interested....but id have to find out what network and all that for you and wether he wants the iphone lol

Nah. I'd get a better deal direct from O2. Its the 16Gb one I bought on a £45 tarrif and £59 for the phone. I'll get the TD on a £35 contract for free (probably) and then I apply my staff discount, which brings it down to £24.50pm.

What doesnt he like about the TD?

Original Poster

guv;2718756

Nah. I'd get a better deal direct from O2. Its the 16Gb one I bought on a … Nah. I'd get a better deal direct from O2. Its the 16Gb one I bought on a £45 tarrif and £59 for the phone. I'll get the TD on a £35 contract for free (probably) and then I apply my staff discount, which brings it down to £24.50pm.What doesnt he like about the TD?

the touchscreen is too sensitive and he keeps ending up clicking things whilst scrolling and can be gostly if its applications that charge once opned...cant remember what ones he said.

Banned

tazandsaz;2718778

the touchscreen is too sensitive and he keeps ending up clicking things … the touchscreen is too sensitive and he keeps ending up clicking things whilst scrolling and can be gostly if its applications that charge once opned...cant remember what ones he said.

You can change the sensitivity on the phone. I'd imagine the charge stuff is anything online. I'd be getting it with a free unlimited (haha 200MB) internet bolt on. I would imagine he got his on Orange. There are some excellent deals for the phone on that network - but its not the right network for me.

Original Poster

guv;2718793

You can change the sensitivity on the phone. I'd imagine the charge stuff … You can change the sensitivity on the phone. I'd imagine the charge stuff is anything online. I'd be getting it with a free unlimited (haha 200MB) internet bolt on. I would imagine he got his on Orange. There are some excellent deals for the phone on that network - but its not the right network for me.

yeah probably orange as my sister works for them and he prob have the same network as her lol

Original Poster

anyone please? i think ive mashed it....if someone can do this for me ill be very gratefull...

Original Poster

if someone can jailbreak/unlock it themselfs for me...ill pay for the return postage and offer rainbox six vegas 2 on xbox 360

Original Poster

must be someone that can help me?

Patience is a virtue...

Original Poster

lol i dont have much patience...

Yes, I did notice that

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;2720136

Yes, I did notice that ;)John

lol...im just worried that ive broke it :?

To be honest, rather than waiting here for someone to try and sort it out for you, I'd be searching online...there is masses of information on the process out there.

John

Original Poster

ive found a guide and im downloading some files...just the guide looks pretty complicated so i imagine ill still need some help once ive done it lol...but yeah..ive been searching all night and pretty much comes down to doing what im hoping to do now lol

hey u, i couldnt get hold of my m8, but do a search on stuck in DFU mode.

I bet itunes either doesnt detect the phone anymore or just says the iphone cannot be read, please contact apple for help .. doh..

I have had this happen on a 1.14 2G iphone, not sure if the fix is the same as it did envolve forcing iLiberty+ to flash regardless (a bit ballzy... but it worked.) I will try to find it but i am sure as iLiberty is only for up to 1.1.4 that it will not work for you..

Someone must know how to get this 3G iphone out of DFU mode, (semi Brick, but definatly not bricked!)

It's not a 3G Iphone as far as I'm aware, it's the original one.

John

Johnmcl7;2720196

It's not a 3G Iphone as far as I'm aware, it's the original one.John

you are right my mistake, just that it's on v2 of the firmware isnt it, that's what is causing the issue...

If on 1.1.4 there are many easy fixes..:thumbsup:

Banned

What program did you use? If you can get on to iTunes, restore it back to its factory settings. Then use Ziphone and select do it all...

This is what i did for my iPhone, however i don'tknow if the process has changed for the 2.0 firmware?

I will say that if you have the opportunity to restore in itunes that you should do that, take the hit for losing everything, (cant be much anyways on a v2 un jailbroken handset, (contacts should be on your sim so they should stay.. )

After that find how to downgrade from 2.01 to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak that, unless you want to stick with v2 of course, then find the pwnage tool from iphonefreakz.com, not sure if there is a windows version yet though.

Original Poster

hi guys really appreciate the help i went thru and followed the tutorial on here youtube.com/wat…Z_8 and it worked...my 2g ipohone on firmware 2:0 is now unlocked and jailbroken....

thanks to everyone that has spent time on my threads...

Original Poster

i rep you but i need to spred the rep first hah

Glad to see you are finally sorted, told you there was useful information out there

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;2721065

Glad to see you are finally sorted, told you there was useful information … Glad to see you are finally sorted, told you there was useful information out there ;)John

lol i know...thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lol now..anyone know how to put songs on???

Banned

itunes

Original Poster

ive tried but nothing adds to the music library

Banned

tazandsaz;2730278

ive tried but nothing adds to the music library

I assume you have the boxes checked and instructed to sync?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Disney descendants duvet36
      2. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel22
      3. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      4. Customs charged too much for a little item!67

See more discussions