Groups

iPhone info required...

Hi all,

I have an upgrade due on the 30th April and want to know if Apple are planning on releasing a new iPhone???

If they are when is this likely and what additional features will it have? I have heard that Apple are buying up most of Samsungs 32GB drives so will this be the only addition?

Thanks

5 Comments

Banned

There's no official announcement....but yes they almost certainly are.

Announcement around June 8.

Until they actually make an official announcement everything is pure speculation and Apple are very good at keeping secrets.

That said, on past form it would seem an updated iPhone is likely. :thumbsup:

Banned

I dont think they will release a new model but will release a 32gb version. They are releasing the new software upgrade in June/July so wouldnt make sense to release a new model as well. But then again you never know.

I just upgraded to iphone 3g, if they release a new one, o2 may let customers upgrade again as long as they start the tariff again and pay for the phone.

2sly;4807278

I dont think they will release a new model but will release a 32gb … I dont think they will release a new model but will release a 32gb version. They are releasing the new software upgrade in June/July so wouldnt make sense to release a new model as well. But then again you never know.I just upgraded to iphone 3g, if they release a new one, o2 may let customers upgrade again as long as they start the tariff again and pay for the phone.

Think you might be wrong here - word is there will be some changes to the functionality so it's likely to be a new phone. Plus it will have been a a year since the 3G came out. There is a lot more competition so Apple will be keen to keep their product as the market leader - expect a better camera perhaps, 32gb version like you say, plus a possible return to a metal case.

I'd wait till June - unless you're in a hurry. The announcement will come with the phones following a month later - and there'll be the usual shortages as theres many more countries to service now.

I'm totally happy with my 3G - so would have no problems recomending. I will upgrade at the end of my contract in Feb '10.

Apple are great for announcing about a week before shipping.

I hear June for the 3rd gen iphone???? But no ideas.

Clever of Apple, in comparason as Nokia announced the new N97 about a week after the N96 was launched???? What silly marketing...

BTW the N97 looks great, the N96 was just a upgrade of a body from the N95... N97 is what Nokia should of made 12 months ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2461
      2. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1931
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846375
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767298

See more discussions