Groups

iphone internet usage ?

Banned
    Got an iphone recently. On my orange PAYG sim card I get 50mb free internet every month. Is this enough to last a month on orange using sites like facebook, hotukdeals most days ?

9 Comments

Yeah should be enough if you stick to using only mobile sites rather than full sites otherwise it'll be used up pretty quickly and only check it twice a day or so

Original Poster Banned

Toybhoy;7455823

Yeah should be enough if you stick to using only mobile sites rather than … Yeah should be enough if you stick to using only mobile sites rather than full sites otherwise it'll be used up pretty quickly and only check it twice a day or so

do you know how much roughly each visit of facebook would use ?

Banned

no you will go over it, i use over 120 mb a month

your best to get an unlimited bolt on

il tell you how much facebook use's 2 secs

for 1 min browsing a pic my profile, inbox, and news feed i used

sent 24.0kb
    received 61.0 kb ( thats what you get charged for )

trying youtube

ok so viewing one short 50 second clip on youtube,

went from

24.0kb - 70.0kb
    61.0kb - 987kb ( u get charged for )

just used hukd
    went from
    24kb-70kb-274kb
    61kb-987kb-1.3mb ( website version)

1.3mb in space of 5minutes

It all really depends on how much you use but yeah I would always recommend a bolt on package especially if you have an iphone as network connectivity is one of the best things about having an iphone!!

Original Poster Banned

Toybhoy;7455937

It all really depends on how much you use but yeah I would always … It all really depends on how much you use but yeah I would always recommend a bolt on package especially if you have an iphone as network connectivity is one of the best things about having an iphone!!

Are bolt-ons on top of what you top up. Or does the £7.50 go on top of your top-ups

Banned

ryman1000;7456269

Are bolt-ons on top of what you top up. Or does the £7.50 go on top of … Are bolt-ons on top of what you top up. Or does the £7.50 go on top of your top-ups

Come off whatever you top up with.

I spend £15 pm on my phone unlimted calls txts

£10 come of for Internet

I'm left with £5 for xnet calls

I'm with 02

Original Poster Banned

dj_urban;7456323

Come off whatever you top up with.I spend £15 pm on my phone unlimted … Come off whatever you top up with.I spend £15 pm on my phone unlimted calls txts£10 come of for Internet I'm left with £5 for xnet calls I'm with 02

i think i'll just stick to orange thinking about it. I don't use the mobile internet that often so will see how the 50mb goes, oh and thanks for doing the tests much appreciated

Banned

ryman1000;7456491

i think i'll just stick to orange thinking about it. I don't use the … i think i'll just stick to orange thinking about it. I don't use the mobile internet that often so will see how the 50mb goes, oh and thanks for doing the tests much appreciated

not a problem, i was curious myself to see how much it used also, :thumbsup:

Banned

To let you know in 2weeks using the 3g network

( my usage, i use the net alot )

iv

sent 20.9MB

received 87.9MB
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767479
      2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1830
      3. One thing you've forgotten1214
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886405

See more discussions