iPhone mirror to TV

Posted 8th Mar
I have an LG OLED TV and Sky Q

I can stream YouTube but anything my dad wants to watch for. His browser (Asian channels) will only show up as Audio on the sky q.

Is the easiest way Apple TV? Chrome casts / Prime TV stick work also? iPhone mirror is what I want I think
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I don’t think it works on Chromecast or Firestick, don’t know about Apple TV. I know you can by an adapter but it’s £50 and only outputs 1080p
Arto08/03/2020 16:00

I don’t think it works on Chromecast or Firestick, don’t know about Apple T …I don’t think it works on Chromecast or Firestick, don’t know about Apple TV. I know you can by an adapter but it’s £50 and only outputs 1080p

I mean obviously Apple TV is going to have airplay and an old one is cheaper than 50
trojanh08/03/2020 16:01

I mean obviously Apple TV is going to have airplay and an old one is …I mean obviously Apple TV is going to have airplay and an old one is cheaper than 50

What is it that your wanting to mirror?
Arto08/03/2020 16:04

What is it that your wanting to mirror?

Video on web browser, safari
trojanh08/03/2020 16:05

Video on web browser, safari

Have you not got a smart tv? Try playing it in the browser on there
Arto08/03/2020 16:09

Have you not got a smart tv? Try playing it in the browser on there

We did it just won’t render properly, it works on the downstairs tv and phone though which is the annoying part

I also realise I have an old Apple TV downstairs but need to buy the plug n remote but also not sure if I need Ethernet for airplay as it’s wall mounted and not WiFi
trojanh08/03/2020 16:12

We did it just won’t render properly, it works on the downstairs tv and p …We did it just won’t render properly, it works on the downstairs tv and phone though which is the annoying partI also realise I have an old Apple TV downstairs but need to buy the plug n remote but also not sure if I need Ethernet for airplay as it’s wall mounted and not WiFi

Both devices need to be connected to the same network if I remember rightly
Arto08/03/2020 16:31

Both devices need to be connected to the same network if I remember rightly

Ethernet and WiFi is the same network as far as any standard home setup is concerned.
dcx_badass08/03/2020 17:19

Ethernet and WiFi is the same network as far as any standard home setup is …Ethernet and WiFi is the same network as far as any standard home setup is concerned.

Yes I just meant ethernet would be a PITA because my father who set up the wall mount through the electrician, neither was forward thinking enough to use an extension or ask me to leave space for a 10cm 5 port ethernet switch...
There is also apps on the Firestick AppStore which allow you to use Airplay
Arto08/03/2020 20:59

There is also apps on the Firestick AppStore which allow you to use Airplay

Yep I was thinking Firestick because my parents could then watch Eros now - except, all those apps are very low-rated.
trojanh08/03/2020 21:57

Yep I was thinking Firestick because my parents could then watch Eros now …Yep I was thinking Firestick because my parents could then watch Eros now - except, all those apps are very low-rated.

If it’s a movie or a tv show I just use Kodi with Real Debrid
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants