Groups

iPhone OS4 - Can it be downloaded onto my 3gs when it's released?

This may be a daft question but can the os4 be downloaded onto my iPhone 3gs?
    I'm just watching the video from Apple which lets users know what is to come, which includes folders, multitasking functionality etc

21 Comments

Yes. Just update through iTunes when its avaliable.

Original Poster

Brilliant, have you seen the video from CEO Steve Jobs?

here is the link mate:
    it's a long video but well worth a look

]http//ev…nt/

Jailbreaking it allows you to do all these things now.

Original Poster

lol yeh but I have friends who don't agree with it or just can't be bothered

This new os4 is good news for some

saxo_appeal;8468981

lol yeh but I have friends who don't agree with it or just can't be … lol yeh but I have friends who don't agree with it or just can't be bothered This new os4 is good news for some

Are these the same people that think that iads is a good idea?

Original Poster

electriclinux;8468997

Are these the same people that think that iads is a good idea?

If I had asked them if they wanted to buy an iad then I think they would have laughed at me :whistling::whistling:

saxo_appeal;8469008

If I had asked them if they wanted to buy an iad then I think they would … If I had asked them if they wanted to buy an iad then I think they would have laughed at me :whistling::whistling:

People bought ipad....:whistling:
    Also iads is built into the new OS.

electriclinux;8468935

Jailbreaking it allows you to do all these things now.

Yeah as a short term solution.

Official is always more sleek and works better imo.

Original Poster

Hmmm "iads" obviously it helps the devs but hope it doesn't take over and frustrate people

Original Poster

Wonder if the end user will be able to turn the iads off at anytime temp or permanent

Original Poster

Hmmm
    My iPhone is the 16gb and Steve Jobs says the OS4 will only be able to run on the 32 and 64gb versions

check the video I posted, at 59:05min in (about the end) he mentions this

saxo_appeal;8469283

HmmmMy iPhone is the 16gb and Steve Jobs says the OS4 will only be able … HmmmMy iPhone is the 16gb and Steve Jobs says the OS4 will only be able to run on the 32 and 64gb versionscheck the video I posted, at 59:05min in (about the end) he mentions this

iPhone 3G, 3GS and the new iPhone will all be able to run OS 4

iPhone 3G won't have all the OS4 features though, like multitasking

I've got OS4 on my 16gb 3G

saxo_appeal;8469283

HmmmMy iPhone is the 16gb and Steve Jobs says the OS4 will only be able … HmmmMy iPhone is the 16gb and Steve Jobs says the OS4 will only be able to run on the 32 and 64gb versionscheck the video I posted, at 59:05min in (about the end) he mentions this

There isnt a 64gb iphone. Must be talking about the ipod touch.

Original Poster

JayBird;8469349

I've got OS4 on my 16gb 3G

How did you manage that? :?

saxo_appeal;8469423

How did you manage that? :?

I'm an iPhone Developer so i have access to the OS4 Betas

Original Poster

Ah cool, so you pay what is it £70 odd a year ?

Sure I read it $99 to gain access to all Apples dev functions

saxo_appeal;8469480

Ah cool, so you pay what is it £70 odd a year ? Sure I read it $99 to … Ah cool, so you pay what is it £70 odd a year ? Sure I read it $99 to gain access to all Apples dev functions

Yeah, £59 per year

Banned

JayBird;8469436

I'm an iPhone Developer so i have access to the OS4 Betas

LOL .... Inb4 the begging requests!

Original Poster

JayBird;8469512

Yeah, £59 per year

That's not bad then mate, you working on anything good just now?

Original Poster

I hope Apple have brought in the function of selecting more than one contact to send a message to
    at the moment you have to keep going back into the phone book and selecting each contact to add

saxo_appeal;8469638

I hope Apple have brought in the function of selecting more than one … I hope Apple have brought in the function of selecting more than one contact to send a message toat the moment you have to keep going back into the phone book and selecting each contact to add

no u dont just start typing the persons name it will bring up the list and then click , if u want u can type another name u dont have to press the + sign . hope u get what i mean
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764158
      2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2456
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?2288
      4. Sad news about Barcelona2395

See more discussions