Groups

iPhone OS4 Update Problems - Emails from 1970!

Has anyone else experienced the very bizarre email problems that have appeared since updating to OS4 on the iPhone? I updated my 3GS when OS4 came out and everything was fine till about four days ago when I started getting emails dated 01/01/1970! They have no sender, no subject and can't be deleted. They also do not appear if you were to look at your emails on a computer, they just appear on the iPhone! The only way to get rid of them is to turn the phone off and back on. This usually sorts it out for a few hours but the emails eventually reappear when you refresh the inbox.

I am getting pretty fed up with it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

5 Comments

My brother had this with his one. He never found solution but just restored it then put the update on again.

Original Poster

Apparently it is a known problem with the recent update and Apple are working on an update to fix it. However, it is really sodding annoying!

the new iphone os4 and iphone 4 is riddled with bugs.
    crazy people buying the iphone 4 waste so much money on something which when you hold it in a normal manner causes if to loose reception due to the way all the parts are arranged.

Original Poster

bhara;8928569

the new iphone os4 and iphone 4 is riddled with bugs.crazy people buying … the new iphone os4 and iphone 4 is riddled with bugs.crazy people buying the iphone 4 waste so much money on something which when you hold it in a normal manner causes if to loose reception due to the way all the parts are arranged.

I agree. My 3GS was fine until the new update so obviously OS4 has problems that were not sorted / checked before they released it.

Plus like you said about the signal issue with the new iPhone 4, it is all pretty appalling. More so because Apple's response was basically "well don't hold the phone like that".

Tells you which way apple are going
    just like all the major brands now that their products are flying off the shelves due to people thinking of the name before the actual product, their customer service has gone pants.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …271937
      2. word association Game72944190
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions