Iphone passcode not accepted

Posted 25th Nov
Doing a Google search I see that a lot of people have had the above issue.

I damaged my phone screen and it's deteriorating so I got an Android replacement (still cheaper than an I-phone replacement screen) and switched off my I-phone for a week.

Yesterday I switched it on to get a contact that hadn't copied over but it would not accept my passcode.
I am 1000% sure it's correct, it's the only code I use as it's my bank card pin +2 digits.

Anyone else have this issue and also 100% sure they used the right passcode?

I think I'm going to stick with Android for good now, I-phone are just too expensive and don't offer anything more than a cheaper Android alternative.

Seems like the only option I have with this phone is to reset using I-tunes, but not really any point as the screen needs replacing.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Don't iPhones 'just work'?
deeky25/11/2019 15:17

Don't iPhones 'just work'?

They do, normally human error...
Bargainhead25/11/2019 15:29

They do, normally human error...

Ah, ok. The OP has forgot his usual 6 digit passcode
More likely your putting wrong number in, the fact your asking means your doubting yourself....

things like this never happen on Android....
deeky25/11/2019 15:31

Ah, ok. The OP has forgot his usual 6 digit passcode

Wouldn’t be the first human error...
Come on guys, nobody is going to "forget" a PIN they've typed a thousand times.

The most likely cause is the screen damage has screwed the digitizer and the numbers you are typing are not the numbers being interpreted. Not sure how you fix that other than the repair you're trying to avoid!
Bargainhead25/11/2019 15:32

More likely your putting wrong number in, the fact your asking means your …More likely your putting wrong number in, the fact your asking means your doubting yourself....things like this never happen on Android....

Like I said, I'm 1000% sure the number is correct, worked every other time.
marteee25/11/2019 15:37

Come on guys, nobody is going to "forget" a PIN they've typed a thousand …Come on guys, nobody is going to "forget" a PIN they've typed a thousand times. The most likely cause is the screen damage has screwed the digitizer and the numbers you are typing are not the numbers being interpreted. Not sure how you fix that other than the repair you're trying to avoid!

You can see the screen indicate which buttons are being pressed, so even if the digitiser is broken you would see that.
Does the phone not have touch ID?
JohnnyRoller25/11/2019 16:11

You can see the screen indicate which buttons are being pressed, so even …You can see the screen indicate which buttons are being pressed, so even if the digitiser is broken you would see that.

You would if you were deliberately LOOKING for it!
Haircut_10025/11/2019 16:22

Does the phone not have touch ID?

can’t use touch id after it’s been turned off
marteee25/11/2019 16:29

You would if you were deliberately LOOKING for it!

If I press 2 and 5 lights up, then I’m going to notice regardless if I was or wasn’t deliberately LOOKING for it!
JohnnyRoller25/11/2019 16:34

If I press 2 and 5 lights up, then I’m going to notice regardless if I was …If I press 2 and 5 lights up, then I’m going to notice regardless if I was or wasn’t deliberately LOOKING for it!

You underestimate how much muscle memory your pin pattern used (past tense cause I havent used one for a long time). I think its far more likely an input problem than forgetting a 6 digit number youve typed a few thousand times (which is a variation on a 4 digit number youve used even longer).
marteee25/11/2019 16:39

You underestimate how much muscle memory your pin pattern used (past tense …You underestimate how much muscle memory your pin pattern used (past tense cause I havent used one for a long time). I think its far more likely an input problem than forgetting a 6 digit number youve typed a few thousand times (which is a variation on a 4 digit number youve used even longer).

All I’m saying is that it is easily recognisable if the screen digitiser is broken. You can definitely see what buttons are inputted whether you’re looking for an error or not. Which if the OP has entered the passcode and can see that the intended 6 digits are those that were entered, then the OP has most definitely forgotten the correct passcode. The code does not just change without physically changing it...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants