Expired

iPhone payg Internet/MMS Problem

5 replies
Found 1st Jan 2009
Hi, When ever i sent a text message it would say iphone could not activate cellular data network so i entered the correct settings for internet and mms and now i've got no credit. I did only have 54p in the first place but i can't understand why it would of taken it. Help please? Thank you.

4 Comments

You need to get either the £15/month payg sim with unlimited data & texting (not officially for use in the iPhone but I believe that it does work if you keep it under o2's radar!), or keep your eye out on Amazon or eBay for an iPhone 3G payg sim pack -these only come with new payg iPhones, but people resell their unwanted packs on these sites & others.
All this assumes you are on the o2 network of course.

Original Poster

v2drinkers;7389437

Because it is constantly connecting to the net to check the weather / GPS … Because it is constantly connecting to the net to check the weather / GPS etc,etc,etc.Thats why you need an internet plan if you are on payg

Thank you...rep left :thumbsup:

JonnyIreland1;7389609

You need to get either the £15/month payg sim with unlimited data & … You need to get either the £15/month payg sim with unlimited data & texting (not officially for use in the iPhone but I believe that it does work if you keep it under o2's radar!), or keep your eye out on Amazon or eBay for an iPhone 3G payg sim pack -these only come with new payg iPhones, but people resell their unwanted packs on these sites & others. All this assumes you are on the o2 network of course.

Thank you...yes i'm on o2...rep left :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Is there a way of stopping it from connecting to the internet all the time. I used to be on a contract that didn't have free internet and it didn't charge me then.

Listing closed @ OP's request.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…713
  2. Driving anxiety.2733
  3. Laptop help11
  4. Gas Cooker Hose Required1011

See more discussions