Groups

Iphone Replacement Service - Legit ????

Banned
    http://****.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=130510408726&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

hey , just need to know if the above listing is legit or a scam , he said he can still get a replacement even if my phone is out of warranty
    i sort of trust him, cause his feedback is very good
    let me know thanks

44 Comments

whatsThePoint

Easy if you have the sense to copy the auction number instead of the web … Easy if you have the sense to copy the auction number instead of the web address130510408726

yeah i just saw that after from the link, hence deleted it, but you got me just before X)

Original Poster Banned

sooooo, what do you guys think ?

is he checking the serial number then if its in warranty taking it to apple and getting a free replacement and pocketing the £33?

Nightmare

is he checking the serial number then if its in warranty taking it to … is he checking the serial number then if its in warranty taking it to apple and getting a free replacement and pocketing the £33?

This was my 1st thought as soon as i read "All u have to do is send me the Serial Number of your Faulty iphone"

yeah.... so you can... Look it up on the website and if its in warranty just get it repaired/replaced? lol

OP, you said he said he can get you a replacement even if its out of warranty but i don't see that in the description? Did you Email him?
    Edited by: "steev08" 17th May 2011

hmmm... but he can replace non signal iphones too.

Original Poster Banned

MarzBarz

hmmm... but he can replace non signal iphones too.

yeah i bought my phone "used" with the "no signal" fault so i found out its barred on uk networks

anywayyy i sent him my serial number, and he can replace even though its barred and out of warranty

Original Poster Banned

anyoneee :0

i had a similar service for a ps3 done about 2 years ago. paid £40 and the guy got my ps3 swapped for a new one. not sure how the iphone one would work though but i dont think its dodgy.

cgvince

yeah i bought my phone "used" with the "no signal" fault so i found out … yeah i bought my phone "used" with the "no signal" fault so i found out its barred on uk networksanywayyy i sent him my serial number, and he can replace even though its barred and out of warranty:)

If it's blacklisted can't see how he can get anything done with it ? Apple will check the imei before they do a replacement, see it there and not give it back.

steve1221

If it's blacklisted can't see how he can get anything done with it ? … If it's blacklisted can't see how he can get anything done with it ? Apple will check the imei before they do a replacement, see it there and not give it back.

what if the seller gets it exchanged abroad?

ALICOM007

what if the seller gets it exchanged abroad?

I didn't think Apple did that?

I'm sure I read that if you buy an iPhone from the US you can't get it fixed over here?

steve1221

I didn't think Apple did that? I'm sure I read that if you buy an … I didn't think Apple did that? I'm sure I read that if you buy an iPhone from the US you can't get it fixed over here?

i thought apples warranty was international? or is that only with macbooks?

Original Poster Banned

what do you guys reckon then ???? , maybe he doesnt do it through apple, because why would people use his service if apple will repair it

i need to know before i pay, do you reckon he can actually replace it like he says

I can't see how he can legally change a blacklisted phone. It make the whole security of blacklisting pointless. . .

Original Poster Banned

steve1221

I can't see how he can legally change a blacklisted phone. It make the … I can't see how he can legally change a blacklisted phone. It make the whole security of blacklisting pointless. . .

apparently he can though.... ill trust him , he does look legit i guess

OP you just swap a seller on the American ebay or German or Australia etc who also have a blocked signal.

Original Poster Banned

WheresMeNuts

OP you just swap a seller on the American ebay or German or Australia etc … OP you just swap a seller on the American ebay or German or Australia etc who also have a blocked signal.

got any more info on how to do this safely ?

really interesting how this guy is able to change no signal/blocked phones which is illegal, my guess is he checks your serial number on apples website or with an agent and if they accept he gets your money because there is no way apple would accept a blacklisted phone legally. He may instead be selling blocked phones abroad where they will work as when a phone is blacklisted it is effective in that country only. Would be interesting to see when he replaces the phone if your serial number is the same and if its not what shows up on apples website when you do a search.

Original Poster Banned

sarbjeet_

really interesting how this guy is able to change no signal/blocked … really interesting how this guy is able to change no signal/blocked phones which is illegal, my guess is he checks your serial number on apples website or with an agent and if they accept he gets your money because there is no way apple would accept a blacklisted phone legally. He may instead be selling blocked phones abroad where they will work as when a phone is blacklisted it is effective in that country only. Would be interesting to see when he replaces the phone if your serial number is the same and if its not what shows up on apples website when you do a search.

yeah mate it does seem a little fishy, but over 300+ people have done it, so he must be doing something right

ill report back in 5-7 days with hopefully my new iphone :0

I figured the seller probably has an account on eBay US or somewhere and gets a bunch of blocked US phones and gives them to his UK customers. And the US customers get a UK phone..

Banned

Someone i know sent a barred iphone to a clown with good feedback on ebay, for a similar service. He then got an email from the seller, that he supposedly received from apple, saying basically they have seized all the iphones the seller sent to them for further investigation and that they will take action against him if the phones are stolen etc. So you have your iphones potentially to lose.

I don't know how he could do a phone out of warranty but for in warranty I think he sends it off to apple for replacement.Perhaps uses software to lock the phone up only showing the connect to itunes logo.Apple just replace it automatically.They dont check for blocked phones they just want a fast turnaround.Your new phone might be fine for a while but if or when Apple discover the phone sent to them was blocked will they in turn have your new phone blocked? And by the time this happens you have left positive feedback and your outside the 45 day PayPal limit to put a claim in.

Adnan786

Someone i know sent a barred iphone to a clown with good feedback on … Someone i know sent a barred iphone to a clown with good feedback on ebay, for a similar service. He then got an email from the seller, that he supposedly received from apple, saying basically they have seized all the iphones the seller sent to them for further investigation and that they will take action against him if the phones are stolen etc. So you have your iphones potentially to lose.

That's how the systems supposed to work. Blacklisted phone's will not be returned.

Op, If I were you, I wouldn't send in your phone as his guys going to get looked into and shut down if he's dodgy (and I can't see how he isn't).

Original Poster Banned

steve1221

That's how the systems supposed to work. Blacklisted phone's will not be … That's how the systems supposed to work. Blacklisted phone's will not be returned.Op, If I were you, I wouldn't send in your phone as his guys going to get looked into and shut down if he's dodgy (and I can't see how he isn't).

ive payed the money, but havent sent the phone yet

he says he DOESNT do the replacement through apple , so he must know another way

Original Poster Banned

i have the guys address and phone number if anything goes wrong anyway

hes called muhammed iqbal

do let us the know the outcome, especially if the iphone has the same serial number after you get it back etc.
    if firmwaree changes as well, what old one was and new one is if you know.
    Edited by: "munaaf" 18th May 2011

Original Poster Banned

munaaf

do let us the know the outcome, especially if the iphone has the same … do let us the know the outcome, especially if the iphone has the same serial number after you get it back etc.if firmwaree changes as well, what old one was and new one is if you know.

yeah mate , i know this guys legit but i just want to know how he does it tbh

Original Poster Banned

7 days and counting, ive recorded the IMEI and Serial number of the phone, for records

ill let all of you know with an update in a weeks time, btw hes just had 3 more positive feedbacks from users of the service, so i think this guy is highly legit

Banned

The person i knew also has the guys details. I believe the guy just fabricated the letter and has kept the phone to sell/send abroad.

In your case, i hope it works out for you. Let us know the outcome. Also, is ur phone barred? Its ok, u found it right.

Original Poster Banned

Adnan786

The person i knew also has the guys details. I believe the guy just … The person i knew also has the guys details. I believe the guy just fabricated the letter and has kept the phone to sell/send abroad.In your case, i hope it works out for you. Let us know the outcome. Also, is ur phone barred? Its ok, u found it right.

did your guy use the same person ?

and no i bought it for £90 on ebay and the guy said the "antenna" was broke

ive put my trust in this guy, theres no way he could fake feedback ? because alot of his customers also have high feedback

cgvince

got any more info on how to do this safely ?

Look at post 22.

Original Poster Banned

anyone read my above post, any help ?

Banned

cgvince

did your guy use the same person ?and no i bought it for £90 on ebay and … did your guy use the same person ?and no i bought it for £90 on ebay and the guy said the "antenna" was brokeive put my trust in this guy, theres no way he could fake feedback ? because alot of his customers also have high feedback

Have you checked the mizuma site to see whether the phone is blocked or not? Go to the website and go through the steps as if you were trying to send your phone to mizuma. After you put your imei number in, they will tell you if its blocked.

Im not too sure if its the same seller, as i asked the guy to send me the item number so that i could scope it and see any obvious scammer signs, but he hasnt. I did read the letter he was sent from the seller, and although it sounded quite professional, and allot of people would believe/start to hope nothing comes back to them, it still had a few things that made me doubt its authenticity.

Maybe he just found a wrong person to buy from, otherwise all of the listing for such a service might have been pulled altogether.

Original Poster Banned

Adnan786

Have you checked the mizuma site to see whether the phone is blocked or … Have you checked the mizuma site to see whether the phone is blocked or not? Go to the website and go through the steps as if you were trying to send your phone to mizuma. After you put your imei number in, they will tell you if its blocked.Im not too sure if its the same seller, as i asked the guy to send me the item number so that i could scope it and see any obvious scammer signs, but he hasnt. I did read the letter he was sent from the seller, and although it sounded quite professional, and allot of people would believe/start to hope nothing comes back to them, it still had a few things that made me doubt its authenticity.Maybe he just found a wrong person to buy from, otherwise all of the listing for such a service might have been pulled altogether.

yeah this guy has ALOT of positive feedbacks from people doing the service

he sells alot of iphones so im guessing hes a buisness seller

in regards to the IMEI i did a CHECKmend report on the phone , and the imei is blocked, however the phone wasnt reported lost or stolen, maybe the contract was not payed

im hoping that i get my new phone within 7 days fingers crossed

OH i have noticed since i posted communication has been lacking with the seller, but he hasnt recieved the phone yet so i reckon hes just been offline

Original Poster Banned

UPDATE - he says theres a 50-50 chance of replacement, due to a screw missing

good news is he will return the phone and refund me if it wont get replaced

Original Poster Banned

BUMP

so what happen

There was a thread about it here not so long ago;
    hotukdeals.com/mis…28/

Tbh I doubt whether Apple actually check them half the time, so he might be going instore and just swapping it, if he isn't doing that I'm actually clueless unless he has managed to find a way to get round the blacklisting, maybe change the serial code, imei or or something and is flashing them so they read different sort of like Xbox 360's DVD drives numbers.

any update? my mate has a smashed screen and signal problems on his 3gs would that be one he would be interested in?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions