iphone sales down

Found 3rd May 2017
Link in first post

Looks like apple need to rethink headphone jack, poor battery, poor operating system and poor value for money
Community Updates
MisciPhone
39 Comments
I'm an Android fan, but each to their own as some people prefer iOS.

But I do think the bezels on the iPhone are silly at a phone of that cost.
Wow down 1% after 50million sales.
May as well sack everyone and shut up shop.
#explodingnotes
Original Poster
thedvdmonster

Wow down 1% after 50million sales. May as well sack everyone and shut up … Wow down 1% after 50million sales. May as well sack everyone and shut up shop. #explodingnotes

Let's hope so
lumsdot

Let's hope so

Let's not
The end is nigh!.

50m sales, That is alot of sheep.

Original Poster
shauneco

The end is nigh!.50m sales, That is alot of sheep.

That's how apple can pull the wool over their eyes
Banned
I said in another thread, some time ago, how I'd noticed many former apple devotees switching over to Samsung Galaxy.

I got shot down.

Original Poster
Don't know what glass apple uses on the iPhone, but I'm always seeing broken screen iPhones on the train, as if it's a design fault.
Original Poster
coathanger

I said in another thread, some time ago, how I'd noticed many former … I said in another thread, some time ago, how I'd noticed many former apple devotees switching over to Samsung Galaxy. I got shot down.

IMO galaxy range is overpriced, I have a Moto g4 which is a fraction of the price.
Cheap Chinese phones are also making inroads
I have an iphone. The simple fact that its extremely optimized and very simple and most importantly works 100% of the time makes it the best phone for me. I have had a galaxy s3 s5 and then an xperia z. But iphone wins out. All of my android phones would freeze over time or become sluggish.
Original Poster
thesinstar

I have an iphone. The simple fact that its extremely optimized and very … I have an iphone. The simple fact that its extremely optimized and very simple and most importantly works 100% of the time makes it the best phone for me. I have had a galaxy s3 s5 and then an xperia z. But iphone wins out. All of my android phones would freeze over time or become sluggish.

All my latest android phones have had 2gb ram, never had any slow down problems.

Earlier android phones only had 1gb ram , which could be a bottleneck
coathanger

I said in another thread, some time ago, how I'd noticed many former … I said in another thread, some time ago, how I'd noticed many former apple devotees switching over to Samsung Galaxy. I got shot down.

Lol about to get shot down again. It's 8:50. Let others wake up
Sales are down 400,000 over last year - lets use your head. The SE launched before the end of Q2 which spiked sales dramatically. This year, Apple released the Red IPhone in a spiritual replacement; though much later, so therefore its sales cast did. It comply with q2 earnings.

Either way, no other phone could match the caliber of their sales. They're still selling stupid amounts, lol. Stop acting like they're failing
Banned
theyre just gone mad. top end iphone 7 costs near 1000 smackers. it had to end being so popular.
Hx3KinG

Sales are down 400,000 over last year - lets use your head. The SE … Sales are down 400,000 over last year - lets use your head. The SE launched before the end of Q2 which spiked sales dramatically. This year, Apple released the Red IPhone in a spiritual replacement; though much later, so therefore its sales cast did. It comply with q2 earnings.Either way, no other phone could match the caliber of their sales. They're still selling stupid amounts, lol. Stop acting like they're failing

Did not* comply with q2 earnings.

(For some reason the site wouldn't let me edit)
thesinstar

I have an iphone. The simple fact that its extremely optimized and very … I have an iphone. The simple fact that its extremely optimized and very simple and most importantly works 100% of the time makes it the best phone for me. I have had a galaxy s3 s5 and then an xperia z. But iphone wins out. All of my android phones would freeze over time or become sluggish.

My daughters and son have iphones and they've had nothing but battery problems, Also the lightning cables last about 10 minutes and the screens smash far too easily for a £700+ mobile.

shauneco

The end is nigh!.50m sales, That is alot of sheep.

thesinstar

Calls people sheep, forgets his kids have iPhones.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

They bought them with there own money, I believe in free will.
shauneco

They bought them with there own money, I believe in free will.

You just called people who buy iPhones sheep, but when your kids buy iPhones it's 'free will'.

Of course Shaune.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You just called people who buy iPhones sheep, but when your kids buy … You just called people who buy iPhones sheep, but when your kids buy iPhones it's 'free will'.Of course Shaune.

Yes, My kids are sheep, they've bought them because there friends have all got them, sheep mentality.
shauneco

Yes, My kids are sheep, they've bought them because there friends have … Yes, My kids are sheep, they've bought them because there friends have all got them, sheep mentality.

It's a bizarre thing to shout so brazenly. Makes your whole 'free will' argument seem a bit strange but hey ho.
It was reported in the business news yesterday that Apple have $250 billion in off shore revenue that they're waiting to bring into the US when they get offered a tax break. I can't see that they'd be overly bothered about a few lost sales in the US and Europe. . .
thesinstar

All of my android phones would freeze over time or become sluggish.

Er, all of my iPhones would become sluggish too! Apple push people to update to latest iOS which in turn would slow the phone down, and eventually render it useless, so time for another iPhone... oO

I used to love the iPhones, but then I actually looked at what you can get for ~£200 with Android and realised it's 95% of what I need (not being a big phone gamer). The only major difference is having an average camera, but with an extra £500 in my pocket I can live with it
I read that people are holding off for the iPhone 8, regardless, like others have said, with over £200bn in cash reserves, they are hardly in trouble
iphone 8 with Samsung oled screen is what they are waiting for
Edited by: "davver99" 4th May 2017
quantum77

Er, all of my iPhones would become sluggish too! Apple push people to … Er, all of my iPhones would become sluggish too! Apple push people to update to latest iOS which in turn would slow the phone down, and eventually render it useless, so time for another iPhone... oOI used to love the iPhones, but then I actually looked at what you can get for ~£200 with Android and realised it's 95% of what I need (not being a big phone gamer). The only major difference is having an average camera, but with an extra £500 in my pocket I can live with it

I read recently "Apple are the modern day masters of obsolesence" - after looking up obsolence I really liked that phrase. I think Apple products are excellent. I am writing this on a Macbook which, from my perspective, cost a lot of money but it is much more enjoyable to use and more stylish than any laptop I have had. Same goes for iphones but I have never justified to myself the latest handset (due to price) and have not had an iphone at all for past two years. I would like a 7 plus but at 36 have managed to stop myself (a younger me would have got one by now) Apple, I salute you. 250 billion offshore? C'mon who can deny that for sheer awe inspiring value. Do something good with it now Apple - save the world from us!
What I don't understand is I have a job and can't afford a iPhone so how to the school kids buy them

School kids should have iPhone they should be going round with moto g their cheaper and does same thing
I stopped buying after iphone5, they discontinued it after a short time, lost out money becuase value dropped which usually is steady but after the announcement, crash, they replaced with 5c which also got discontinued after a short while so if one customer got mugged off only for it to happen again, they would never go back. I wouldn't even go back after what they did with ip5.
deleted265520
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

X) X) X)

You couldn't make it up.
Slates Labour yet votes for them in local elections X) X) X)

Never fails to deliver
dtovey89

X)X)X)You couldn't make it up.Slates Labour yet votes for them in local … X)X)X)You couldn't make it up.Slates Labour yet votes for them in local elections X)X)X)Never fails to deliver

I've explained why, Would you vote for a UKIP member that lived miles away?, Would you vote for a pedophile supporter?. I would hope not.

deleted265520
shauneco

I've explained why, Would you vote for a UKIP member that lived miles … I've explained why, Would you vote for a UKIP member that lived miles away?, Would you vote for a pedophile supporter?. I would hope not.

"Labour aren't the Party to carry the nation forward"
Votes Labour

X)
Threads like this really make me chuckle. Have people really got nothing better to worry about than Apple? Why do people so passionately want them to fail but would love some other company to take over and do exactly the same? Or rather, do people think that any company in Apple's position would act any differently? It's all very strange but I guess we've all gotta have a hobby.

I use Android and iOS devices daily and enjoy them for what they are - I don't really care about the company making them as such, I just enjoy the product. My family all uses iPhones apart from my mum - do I care if they're 'sheep'? Not really. They also shop at Sainsbury's instead of Aldi, which I think is daft, but it's their choice.
I have an iPhone 7 and I have to admit I did worry about the missing headphone jack. Now I don't. I bought Bluetooth headphones 3 months before (I didn't even know that I wanted to get an iPhone 7 then ) and they work. Hard to find decent Bluetooth earphones though.
Dolphinzz

I have an iPhone 7 and I have to admit I did worry about the missing … I have an iPhone 7 and I have to admit I did worry about the missing headphone jack. Now I don't. I bought Bluetooth headphones 3 months before (I didn't even know that I wanted to get an iPhone 7 then ) and they work. Hard to find decent Bluetooth earphones though.

So you missed somewhere to plug the headphones into but they gave you a connector that you plug into the phone and connect headphones to it.........a lot of people made a big deal out of it but all a while others were just laughing as the reality is you still do the same thing as before just use a different connector. God knows how people managed when before smartphones came out
eslick

So you missed somewhere to plug the headphones into but they gave you a … So you missed somewhere to plug the headphones into but they gave you a connector that you plug into the phone and connect headphones to it.........a lot of people made a big deal out of it but all a while others were just laughing as the reality is you still do the same thing as before just use a different connector. God knows how people managed when before smartphones came out

Nah mine is refurb so I never got a connector I even got EarPods for the normal port so I can't use them for the phone either that's mobiles.co.uk for you. I still sometimes try to plug my headphones in but then I remember
At last people are waking up!
https://www.themebeta.com/media/cache/resolve/728/files/chrome/images/201607/02/87258fd5612caaa565eebc6f99eeafd4.jpeg
I don't know what you mean, Totally love my iPhone their is no poor battery, definitely no poor OS and no poor value for money it's well made, slick and everything 'Just' works!.
so many sheep on this site who seem to spend so much time worrying about how other ppl choose to spend their money
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants