Groups

iPhone screen cracked, what will I need?

I have just cracked the outer screen of my iphone 3G. The LCD is still visible and the touch screen is still fully functional. What I would like to know is what part will I need to fix it? I have checked some replacement screens on ebay and they come with and without a digitiser and I am not sure If I will need a digitiser or not. I also want to know which screwdriver I need and if it's an easy fix for someone like myself who is a relative amateur.

Secondly if there is anyone in the Bradford/Leeds/Manchester/Wolverhampton areas that can fix it for a decent price, please let me know.

Thanks

14 Comments

Iphone lenses are a nightmare to change.....

Better to but a new lcd with the lense attached - last time I tried to change just the lense I split the lcd the same time - been told its bery easily done.

Hope this helps

Banned

you tube would have a guide id imagine

insurance

Banned

Just for information...

An apple store will replace the entire unit for £139.99.

Not cheap, but cheaper than a new one, and not bad if you have the cash.

Original Poster

I'm watching a vid on youtube right now and they are using a hairdryer to remove the glass and it looks like a tricky job so I think I'm going to get somebody else to do it. I've found somebody in manchester that does it for £35 but that will also cost me £10-15 petrol. Does anybody know anywhere in the Leeds/Bradford area that does it?

Original Poster

Regarding getting it done from apple, that is way too expensive, I have actually sold the phone on ebay and was going to post it off on monday but unluckily broke it today. I made about £60 profit so if it costs me £139.99 to replace I will be making a loss so anything within the £60 would be OK.

£35 plus petrol sounds good to me - I wouldn't like to do another one lol there are normally loads of phone people up there - have you tried in the markets?

Banned

galactico;5722814

I'm watching a vid on youtube right now and they are using a hairdryer to … I'm watching a vid on youtube right now and they are using a hairdryer to remove the glass and it looks like a tricky job so I think I'm going to get somebody else to do it. I've found somebody in manchester that does it for £35 but that will also cost me £10-15 petrol. Does anybody know anywhere in the Leeds/Bradford area that does it?

i reckon down kirkgate market

or found this guy in leeds £70
    facebook.com/gro…643

Original Poster

demers;5722836

£35 plus petrol sounds good to me - I wouldn't like to do another one lol … £35 plus petrol sounds good to me - I wouldn't like to do another one lol there are normally loads of phone people up there - have you tried in the markets?

The lense is easily broken you are right, the vid I watched showed a couple of normal guys attempting it and they showed a technique which makes the process less likely to break the LCD butt he hairdryer part scared me, I'd rather pay someone to do it lol.

No I only broke it about an hour ago so haven't been to no shops but I might be going manchester tonight anyway so if the guy who says £35 is available I'll get it done by him. If not I'll try the shops in Bradford.

Original Poster

casparwhite;5722874

i reckon down kirkgate marketor found this guy in leeds £70 … i reckon down kirkgate marketor found this guy in leeds £70 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2397144643

Kirkgate market guys will probably charge quite a lot but i'll have a go, that guy in leeds looks good but it will be cheaper for me to drive to manchester and do it for £35.

galactico;5722831

Regarding getting it done from apple, that is way too expensive, I have … Regarding getting it done from apple, that is way too expensive, I have actually sold the phone on ebay and was going to post it off on monday but unluckily broke it today. I made about £60 profit so if it costs me £139.99 to replace I will be making a loss so anything within the £60 would be OK.

If you decide to sell as is I would be interested...

Original Poster

mosskeeto;5722999

If you decide to sell as is I would be interested...

I have already sold it on ebay so unless the buyer does not want it anymore it is unavailable, sorry.

galactico;5723238

I have already sold it on ebay so unless the buyer does not want it … I have already sold it on ebay so unless the buyer does not want it anymore it is unavailable, sorry.

No problem matey, just thought you had broke since selling it and the buyer would not want it....cheers :thumbsup:

Might sound a rude question, but have you told the buyer that he is now buying a phone with a replacement screen?
    I know i'd not be too happy.......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.11
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.813
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA33
      4. Recommendations for decent/cheap noise cancelling earphones please33

See more discussions