iPhone SE for Xmas present

Posted 4th Dec
      I want to buy my son another iPhone SE for Xmas. He’s happy with that model as he has it now but needs another one as his camera etc packed up.
      Where is the best place to buy one?

Music magpie, EBay, or Giff gaff etc

I’d be grateful for any advice and the seller that is reliable in terms of condition

Thanks
      Community Updates
      Ask

Groups

51 Comments
      What do you mean by “the camera etc packed up”? By the way Music Magpie are good to buy from.
      Edited by: "Haircut_100" 4th Dec
      The iPhone SE is really easy to open and fix very cheaply, there’s loads of videos on YouTube. If you’re not comfortable doing it I’m assuming a phone repair shop could do it for a small cost. If the phone is in a bad condition though, it may be worth just picking up a cheap handset on eBay secondhand.
      The issue you have at the moment, is that it is now very close to Christmas. So buying a “refurbished” or secondhand handset is a big gamble. There isn’t a particular seller you can rely on to get a good condition SE as they are a very old handset now. Which means if they send a broken/bad condition one, you probably won’t get a replacement in time.

Also I personally wouldn’t be very excited about getting the exact same phone I’ve already got for Christmas (albeit a working one) . However that is just my own opinion, as a gift is a gift after all.
      Maybe contemplate the build quality is lacking based on short life expectancy experienced (unless its dropped & bashed by someone who doesn't actually value it as much as they perhaps ought) ..in which case consider a tougher phone.

"all his / her mates have it" is not a rational excuse when you are shelling out repeatedly.
      phone repair cost effective or not?
      rover.ebay.com/rov…278

Extra 20% with ebay code - brings it to approx £90ish (Brand New according to listing)
      Edited by: "sohailh1984" 4th Dec
      Mr_Gus04/12/2019 10:27

Maybe contemplate the build quality is lacking based on short life …Maybe contemplate the build quality is lacking based on short life expectancy experienced (unless its dropped & bashed by someone who doesn't actually value it as much as they perhaps ought) ..in which case consider a tougher phone."all his / her mates have it" is not a rational excuse when you are shelling out repeatedly. phone repair cost effective or not?

This reply seems to have very little relevance to what the OP is actually talking about. I’m not sure you actually know what an iPhone SE is, with all due respect.
      Edited by: "Haircut_100" 4th Dec
      Haircut_10004/12/2019 11:14

This reply seems to have very little relevance to what the OP is actually …This reply seems to have very little relevance to what the OP is actually talking about. I’m not sure you actually know what an iPhone SE is, with all due respect.

Had an i-phone, thought it sucked.
      Are you a "church of apple" fan boi? who takes umbrage to alternate thoughts on your favoured brand or saying this with different reasoning?
      Are you saying it is both bomb proof & the epitomy of both "timeless & perfect design" never to be bettered ?

He (OP's son) might simply be happy having the phone repaired for xmas (if it is just a camera fix) ..the OP hasn't said whether it is smash damage or messed up during an update or whatever?

Whilst I don't own a I-phone i've repaired enough smart phones over the years including apple kit because its often worth a look just to understand kit better ..at which point you often see how similar they are component wise.
      I wouldn’t get the iPhone se. I would get the iPhone 6s from eBay musicMagpie pristine condition ,32gb for £127.99 if you use the code PARTYTIME. the phone is £159.99 but if you use that code you get 20% which brings it down to £127.99. Also this is the exact same from buying it directly from musicMagpie but you don’t get the additional 20% off. Also you can get the iPhone Se from eBay musicMagpie .
      Here is a link to the iPhone 6s from musicMagpie eBay.

rover.ebay.com/rov…204
      Edited by: "k2838388383" 4th Dec
      k283838838304/12/2019 16:27

I wouldn’t get the iPhone se. I would get the iPhone 6s from eBay m …I wouldn’t get the iPhone se. I would get the iPhone 6s from eBay musicMagpie pristine condition ,32gb for £127.99 if you use the code PARTYTIME. the phone is £159.99 but if you use that code you get 20% which brings it down to £127.99. Also this is the exact same from buying it directly from musicMagpie but you don’t get the additional 20% off. Also you can get the iPhone Se from eBay musicMagpie .Here is a link to the iPhone 6s from musicMagpie eBay.rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F291937284204

Hi thanks for that. I did read that the SE’s were still getting updates whereas the 6’s weren’t. Is this true?
      k283838838304/12/2019 16:27

I wouldn’t get the iPhone se. I would get the iPhone 6s from eBay m …I wouldn’t get the iPhone se. I would get the iPhone 6s from eBay musicMagpie pristine condition ,32gb for £127.99 if you use the code PARTYTIME. the phone is £159.99 but if you use that code you get 20% which brings it down to £127.99. Also this is the exact same from buying it directly from musicMagpie but you don’t get the additional 20% off. Also you can get the iPhone Se from eBay musicMagpie .Here is a link to the iPhone 6s from musicMagpie eBay.rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F291937284204

They seem to be sold out
      Haircut_10004/12/2019 12:26

Here you go @katestewart9279 iPhone SE as new, …Here you go @katestewart9279 iPhone SE as new, £90.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-iphone-se-32gb-90-apple-watch-series-4-44mm-285-at-hi-tech-electronics-ebay-3355642

It’s a watch
      katestewart927904/12/2019 17:46

It’s a watch

Sorry, there was a deal posted earlier here for an iPhone SE from that seller but they have sold out now unfortunately.
      What is your budget for a mint SE?
      katestewart927904/12/2019 17:38

Hi thanks for that. I did read that the SE’s were still getting updates w …Hi thanks for that. I did read that the SE’s were still getting updates whereas the 6’s weren’t. Is this true?

The SE is a 6s in a smaller body. The 6 was the generation before and no longer supported.
      If you do go 6S look for a 7 instead. Same size as the larger 6S over the SE and will be supported for longer.
      As for build, the SE might be better but as always, get a case.
      katestewart927904/12/2019 17:38

Hi thanks for that. I did read that the SE’s were still getting updates w …Hi thanks for that. I did read that the SE’s were still getting updates whereas the 6’s weren’t. Is this true?

The iPhone 6s and SE are still receiving updates for another year
      katestewart927904/12/2019 17:40

They seem to be sold out

The iPhone 6s, 32gb, pristine condition is still in stock for £159.99 . But if you use the code partytime you can get additional 20% off which brings it down to £127.99.
      39260621-uthsM.jpg
      k283838838304/12/2019 22:20

The iPhone 6s, 32gb, pristine condition is still in stock for £159.99 . …The iPhone 6s, 32gb, pristine condition is still in stock for £159.99 . But if you use the code partytime you can get additional 20% off which brings it down to £127.99. [Image]

Also if you want to get the iPhone se you can get that for £159.99 for 64gb btw it is the same price for 64gb and 16gb but if you use the code partytime you can get additional 20% off bring it down to £123.99
      39260660-VlIp0.jpg
      What do you think of the Giff gaff iPhone SE!
      k283838838304/12/2019 22:20

The iPhone 6s, 32gb, pristine condition is still in stock for £159.99 . …The iPhone 6s, 32gb, pristine condition is still in stock for £159.99 . But if you use the code partytime you can get additional 20% off which brings it down to £127.99. [Image]

Tried that a few times yesterday but just said our of stock.
      katestewart927905/12/2019 06:01

Tried that a few times yesterday but just said our of stock.

39262238-Wx4F0.jpg
      iPhone 6s in pristine condition , 32gb , unlocked and in gold
      For £159.99 is in stock use code partytime at checkout to applied the extra 20% of the order
      katestewart927904/12/2019 22:55

What do you think of the Giff gaff iPhone SE!

hit and miss, more times a miss, condition can be awful, bought three from them and all had to go back, were their version of the top spec and took three weeks to get two of them refunded. It can be worth keeping an eye on o2 like new phones, currently out of stock though they have an SE 128GB for £130 bought a few from them a couple of years ago and they hadnt even been registered, other phones are normally available at a good price. You have to do the refresh trick but it can be worth it.
      k283838838305/12/2019 07:25

[Image] iPhone 6s in pristine condition , 32gb , unlocked and in gold For …[Image] iPhone 6s in pristine condition , 32gb , unlocked and in gold For £159.99 is in stock use code partytime at checkout to applied the extra 20% of the order

I couldn’t get that yesterday. Trying again now but won’t eorkLooks a nice phone
      Haircut_10004/12/2019 09:48

What do you mean by “the camera etc packed up”? By the way Music Magpie are …What do you mean by “the camera etc packed up”? By the way Music Magpie are good to buy from.

Really? I bought about 10 CDs from them listed as VGC and had to get refunds for half of them
      They’ve got very good or pristine in grey. Does anyone know if there’s much difference in condition with music magpie please?
      katestewart927905/12/2019 15:35

They’ve got very good or pristine in grey. Does anyone know if there’s muc …They’ve got very good or pristine in grey. Does anyone know if there’s much difference in condition with music magpie please?

I would get gold in pristine condition
      k283838838305/12/2019 15:57

I couldn’t get the gold as it had sold out. I might see if I can get the pristine one if the very good condition is not so great.
      I did ask him if he wanted an iPhone 8 or 8 on contract but he’s happy with this and it’s got a headphone socket.
      Thank you to everyone for help.
      k283838838305/12/2019 15:57

The pristine one has come up in grey for £151.
      I’ve not used music magpie. Wondering if I should get this instead
      katestewart927905/12/2019 17:08

The pristine one has come up in grey for £151. I’ve not used music magpie. …The pristine one has come up in grey for £151. I’ve not used music magpie. Wondering if I should get this instead

You can get a brand new one off ebay for less.
      Willy_Wonka05/12/2019 18:37

You can get a brand new one off ebay for less.

I’ve had a look and they were from the US or Hong Kong. Will take another look
      katestewart927905/12/2019 19:47

I’ve had a look and they were from the US or Hong Kong. Will take another l …I’ve had a look and they were from the US or Hong Kong. Will take another look

On the left hand side there is a button saying UK.. Click it
      katestewart927905/12/2019 15:35

They’ve got very good or pristine in grey. Does anyone know if there’s muc …They’ve got very good or pristine in grey. Does anyone know if there’s much difference in condition with music magpie please?

I bought my iPhone 6 from Music Magpie and chose ‘Good’ Condition rather than pristine.
      The screen was as new without any scratches and the reverse had one or two small ‘pits’ nearer the bottom. If in doubt, you could order 2 Good conditions and sent the worst one back for a refund.
      39270064-vupDo.jpg39270064-OGL0q.jpgI would recommend Music Magpie.
      Willy_Wonka05/12/2019 19:48

On the left hand side there is a button saying UK.. Click it

I have clicked UK and the prices aren’t cheaper that I can see. Some of them say new and they are not.
      katestewart927905/12/2019 20:44

I have clicked UK and the prices aren’t cheaper that I can see. Some of t …I have clicked UK and the prices aren’t cheaper that I can see. Some of them say new and they are not.

Who said cheaper? I said you would get a new one for roughly the same money. For the sake a £20 do you really want to gamble on the condition?
      ebay.co.uk/itm…500

This one is advertised as new never used but says it might have a dent on!!

So who knows if they are new or refurbished?
      Willy_Wonka05/12/2019 20:48

Who said cheaper? I said you would get a new one for roughly the same …Who said cheaper? I said you would get a new one for roughly the same money. For the sake a £20 do you really want to gamble on the condition?

Sorry I meant round the same price. I’m not well at the moment that’s why I asked for advice. Could you just put a link up to one please as some of them say say new at the top but when you read they aren’t.
      katestewart927905/12/2019 20:58

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone6S-16-32-64-128GB-Sim-Free-Smartphone-Rose-Grey-Silver-Gold-4-Colors/323993951098?hash=item4b6f8b5b7a%3Am%3AmdWAZ0hffmD0m8AL7J7GBrA&LH_ItemCondition=1500This one is advertised as new never used but says it might have a dent on!! So who knows if they are new or refurbished?

On that eBay seller, I can’t see any feedback concerning iPhones, so probably best to let that one go.
      I’m a bit confused. Can you clarify if you’re still looking for an SE or iPhone 6/7?
      Toptrumpet05/12/2019 21:03

On that eBay seller, I can’t see any feedback concerning iPhones, so p …On that eBay seller, I can’t see any feedback concerning iPhones, so probably best to let that one go. I’m a bit confused. Can you clarify if you’re still looking for an SE or iPhone 6/7?

Someone suggested go for a 6S so I chose one off music magpie but now Willy wonka says you can buy a new one for the same price on EBay for £131 But I can’t find one. Some say new but reading the small print they aren’t new.
      katestewart927905/12/2019 21:09

Someone suggested go for a 6S so I chose one off music magpie but now …Someone suggested go for a 6S so I chose one off music magpie but now Willy wonka says you can buy a new one for the same price on EBay for £131 But I can’t find one. Some say new but reading the small print they aren’t new.

ebay.co.uk/sch…684

Brand new Iphone SE from £107
      Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 5th Dec
      OP, are you looking on Music Magpie eBay store? rather than just music magpie’s main website?
      The search facility isn’t great as you have to wade through a lot of stuff, avoid the ones which mention no fingerprint scan as these are the ones that have had their screens replaced.
      If no joy, I’ll try and help you tomorrow.
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions