Groups

iphone, shall I go for 3g or find a used 2g? Any sign of a pricedrop? Any other advice?

Right, I've decided to get an iphone now after finally cancelling my 3 contract.
    Can't decide which deal to go for,
    I might as well pay £45 for 9 months then switch tarrifs back to £35 as opposed to paying £99 for the phone, just seems a lot so I thought I might buy a used 2g one and go for the simplicity deal?

Is the 3g any better to use?

Anything else to consider?

Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

The 3g is MUCH quicker on the internet,

Not wanting to start a flame war
    but I had to return my iPhone 3G due to bad 3G experienced on the iPhone.
    I tried the sim in a different phone and had no issues with signal strength.
    Seems to me as a hardware fault, do check out the Apple forums.

Also I never had this issue but loads of posts about cracking plastic back.

BTW i live in London and world in C London.

The phone itself is amazing!

Banned

KaBoom;2758715

Not wanting to start a flame warbut I had to return my iPhone 3G due to … Not wanting to start a flame warbut I had to return my iPhone 3G due to bad 3G experienced on the iPhone.I tried the sim in a different phone and had no issues with signal strength.Seems to me as a hardware fault, do check out the Apple forums.

Funny you should say that.... I did exactly the same thing for the same reason.

The phone itself is amazing!

Yes, its a nice piece of kit. Shame about the bugs. (Did you try to use the GPS? Thats appalling also!)

Personally, a 3G Iphone is good, but the battery life sucks. and if you in a poor 3g area it usually goes back to standard 2g.

What I do is turn off 3g until I want to surf. Its great then, get the best of both worlds with the battery and functionality.

Original Poster

Went for the 16gb 3g. Now I need to download itunes which I hated when I tried it a few years ago. Thanks for the input, ill see how I get on with it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense33
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?22
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?77
      4. What to do?????710

See more discussions