Groups

iphone sim in 3g modem

Does anyone use the iphone 12 months free internet sim in a 3g modem or like I would like to do in an advent 4213 netbook?

Seen them on ebay and I have read that they are to be used in an iphone only but for 11 quid delivered it may be worth the risk as I would only use it very occasionally.

What you think?

7 Comments

google for iPhone tethering, there are apps that let you surf through your iPhones 3G connection via your laptop

Have just bought one myself after reading ]this thread

Original Poster

mittu1;4643533

google for iPhone tethering, there are apps that let you surf through … google for iPhone tethering, there are apps that let you surf through your iPhones 3G connection via your laptop

I don't have an iphone so no good for me.

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4643774

Have just bought one myself after reading ]this thread

Just read that. So get one from ebay already activated and pop in netbook and away I go? I know it is not really meant to be used that way but if they cancel it I suppose I will loose the 11 quid only as once credit gone just bin it.

I wouldn't use it in a dongle, I've got one and any time I've put it into an unlocked E220 dongle I get a text message saying 'this sim is to be used with the iphone only,if found not using an iphone this sim will be disconnected in 30 days'. Or something to that effect. I've been using it in various phones with no problems, on the phones own browser though and not the phone as a modem.

hey i know this might be a bit l8 but i can comfirm it does work i use it all the time with my eee 900 and 3g dongle and love it

Original Poster

cf125;4694255

hey i know this might be a bit l8 but i can comfirm it does work i use it … hey i know this might be a bit l8 but i can comfirm it does work i use it all the time with my eee 900 and 3g dongle and love it

Thanks dude. I did get one as well as a voda pay and go and it works fine here too but just slow as not quite 3g but be good when away from home.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31449
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1316
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047110
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7121344

See more discussions