Groups

Iphone software version

After officially unlocking my 3G, I also then updated the iPhone version to 3.1.2

can anyone tell me the main differences between this and 3.0? I thought I read that you could sort the icons in iTunes now (which would be easier thN wobbling icons on the screen!!!) but I can't see how?

Ta

9 Comments

You need iTunes 9.0.2 to do that (the latest one)

- Between the 3.0 and 3.1.2 firmware...there is no difference just some small bug fixes, nothing really worth doing....

and there is a way to change apps in itunes....

First make sure its connected in iTunes
    Select your iPhone on the devices list
    Go to Applications on the navigation bar ( 2nd one from summary )
    Now just click and drag the applications around from page to page and add ones in and take some off...
    Once done click apply and then you are done...

That simple...

Hmmm..Seems a lot of iPhone threads today..

Nice tip ruggerz never new you could do that :thumbsup: hate all the manual jiggling about !

Repped

Original Poster

ruggerz;7583366

- Between the 3.0 and 3.1.2 firmware...there is no difference just some … - Between the 3.0 and 3.1.2 firmware...there is no difference just some small bug fixes, nothing really worth doing....and there is a way to change apps in itunes....First make sure its connected in iTunesSelect your iPhone on the devices listGo to Applications on the navigation bar ( 2nd one from summary )Now just click and drag the applications around from page to page and add ones in and take some off...Once done click apply and then you are done...That simple...Hmmm..Seems a lot of iPhone threads today..

Ok i'm sorry but i'm stuck at point 3! Here's a screen print of my itunes when i click on devices
    http://i50.tinypic.com/10g0hp2.jpg
    Could you help prlease cos I can't see what you're describing (Prob there but I'm just dense!!)???

melmorc;7587027

Ok i'm sorry but i'm stuck at point 3! Here's a screen print of my … Ok i'm sorry but i'm stuck at point 3! Here's a screen print of my itunes when i click on devicesCould you help prlease cos I can't see what you're describing (Prob there but I'm just dense!!)???

Firstly you need to update the itunes....

that seems to be a 8.x version...

apple.com/itu…es/

download it...

then...
    click on the tab circled by blue...
    http://i47.tinypic.com/e7kql5.jpg
    and you shoud have this screen up this is where you can change it around....
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2dip1eu.jpg

Original Poster

Cool - and are the initial teething probs that were first flagged with the latest iTunes now all sorted?? I'm on vista btw.

melmorc;7593563

Cool - and are the initial teething probs that were first flagged with … Cool - and are the initial teething probs that were first flagged with the latest iTunes now all sorted?? I'm on vista btw.

everything seems to be ok for iTunes on vista...

hope you got it all working....

Original Poster

ruggerz;7593799

everything seems to be ok for iTunes on vista...hope you got it all … everything seems to be ok for iTunes on vista...hope you got it all working....

Just installed latest itunes and looking good - repped! Cheers!!

Original Poster

Thanks again - much much easier!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GTX 1070 went out and old card won't work either.11
      2. Good Sim only deals??57
      3. Digital ps4 games22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45

See more discussions