Groups

iphone still rings on silent!!!

Help please (again i know xx)
    My iphone still rings when switched to silent. It doesnt vibrate when you switch the switch either although it does vibrate every so often to tell me its on silent.
    Any clues? (apart from its uggered!)

7 Comments

Banned

Have you gone into the silent settings to make sure you haven't selected a tone/volume it can be done on most phones.

What firmware are you on?

Original Poster

"does vibrate every so often to tell me its on silent."

It's not supposed to do that. That means your side rocker switch is broken and it keeps knocking onto silent (and is obviously switched back to not-silent too often, which doesn't vibrate)

If it's within a year old, go to any Apple Store for a replacement. Outside of that, you're pretty much screwed..

Original Poster

Ive had it about 6 weeks - I assumed it was meant to do that although it was annoying me somewhat as it runs the battery down quicker
    Thanks - will do that this week

razord;8563022

It's not supposed to do that. That means your side rocker switch is … It's not supposed to do that. That means your side rocker switch is broken and it keeps knocking onto silent (and is obviously switched back to not-silent too often, which doesn't vibrate).

Yet another faulty iPhone. :roll: People will learn one day.

Original Poster

Had no choice - contact with o2 was £15 a month cheaper with an iphone with unlimited everything.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764219
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140

See more discussions