Groups

iphone trouble

can anyone give me advice as i got my iphone 3gs 7 days ago and the battery dont last very long took it off charge and within 30 mins the battery has gone down to 91%

13 Comments

Hubby has an iphone and said this is about right. If you dont use the wifi and email push turn it off and it should preserve the battery a little. It is just because there is so much on there that it needs charging more often than a normal phone. He also said you can turn your brightness down and this may make a little difference. Hope this helps

Well you can try all the usual things to make the battery last longer.

Turn off 3G (if you arent using it)
    Turn off Location Services
    Turn the screen brightness down (mine is slightly below half)
    Turn wifi off if not being used..
    Turn off push notifications (email settings)

Make sure things are fully closed and not running in the background draining power. Apple recommends you run the battery completely flat once every 30 days. Give all the above a try and see how it goes, I can get 2 days out of mine no problem at all. If still no luck, and it's new, swap it! good luck.

Banned

welcome to the iphone.

get an extra battery.... oh wait

Mine lasts about 8 hours, no idea why, I charge it all night, I'm beginning to think it's broken 2bh!
    I rarely use internet, and only one game, but that shouldn't deaden it like that!
    GL with yours hun!

Wish mine only used 9% in half hour.

Banned

stephen4X;7376682

Well you can try all the usual things to make the battery last … Well you can try all the usual things to make the battery last longer.Turn off 3G (if you arent using it)Turn off Location ServicesTurn the screen brightness down (mine is slightly below half)Turn wifi off if not being used..Turn off push notifications (email settings).

Might just as well turn it off altogether and buy a decent phone you can use without worrying about needing a recharge every 30 minutes.

Banned

guv;7376716

Might just as well turn it off altogether and buy a decent phone you can … Might just as well turn it off altogether and buy a decent phone you can use without worrying about needing a recharge every 30 minutes.

http://www.gaj-it.com/wp-content/uploads/HTC-HD2-6.jpg

No, just that many of these things are on by default, and not necessarily being used at the time. I get 2 days use which is as good as the various Nokias,Sony Erics , HTC I've owned previously etc.

Looks like a theme called iReda. Looks nice gonna try that myself!

Original Poster

its only 7 days old ive noticed its getting worse these last 3-4 days its from e2save on contract do you think they would swop it or a apple store ?

Original Poster

ok cheers yeah im in newport and theres one in cardiff

There's nothing wrong with your iPhone I'm afraid,change it and it will be exactly the same.
    Do the above. And as strange as it sounds,I've actually found battery life to IMPROVE after you've charged it up for a few weeks.

I reccomend this, Dont over charge your iphone this reduces your battery life significantly and also once a month let your iphone die out completly and then charge it again fully this recollaborates the battery calculator and gives you more accurate percentage you can also do the standard saving techniques of reducing your brightness, turning your location services off etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1643
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764436
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846246

See more discussions