EXPIRED

IPHONE UNLOCK

Right I know I open iphone threads upon iphone threads and I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. I was just told by some guy on ebay whos selling a white iphone 3g 16gb that if I unlock the phone the warranty goes void because it's apple's policy he said ?

Is this true ?

Help will be repped;)

6 Comments

yes,but if you need to take it to apple for repair just restore before through itunes,it will remove any trace as its only a software unlock

yes,its true-apple have an exclusive deal in the uk with 02-the warranty is void if you unlock.

Original Poster

boothy;5727122

yes,but if you need to take it to apple for repair just restore before … yes,but if you need to take it to apple for repair just restore before through itunes,it will remove any trace as its only a software unlock

barky;5727133

yes,its true-apple have an exclusive deal in the uk with 02-the warranty … yes,its true-apple have an exclusive deal in the uk with 02-the warranty is void if you unlock.

Well they're basically all locked on o2 anyway and yeh it's just a software unlock and i was thinking the same just restore it. couldn't i just take it to an apple store even if it was on o2 in the 1st place ? I still don't really understand :?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5727597

Yes it invalidates your warranty, we answered your question, now stop … Yes it invalidates your warranty, we answered your question, now stop making iphone threads.

NO. Haven't really answered my question as the first person who commented said I could restore it to factory settings and then apple would accept it and then had a different answer, so no my question has not been answered and I will continue to make as many iphone thread as I like.

boothy;5727122

yes,but if you need to take it to apple for repair just restore before … yes,but if you need to take it to apple for repair just restore before through itunes,it will remove any trace as its only a software unlock

The above info is correct provided it can be restored

Original Poster

boothy;5727982

The above info is correct provided it can be restored

Thank you mate, left you rep for not being a ******
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    2. GOT Leaks again416
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    4. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312

See more discussions