Found 26th Jan 2010
Hi, im looking to get gta on the iphone but it requires the latest firmware. However im on virgin so need it unlcked am i right in thinking ultrasnow will still unlock the latest firmware?

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
12 Comments

Banned

You can certainly jailbreak 3.1.2 via blackra1n, and unlock via blacksn0w. Not 100% sure but i believe ultrasn0w will also work.

Original Poster

cool thanks, as long as i can still unlock it. there seem to be quite a few new applications that now require 3.12 firmware

Banned

foxxes;7664762

cool thanks, as long as i can still unlock it. there seem to be quite a … cool thanks, as long as i can still unlock it. there seem to be quite a few new applications that now require 3.12 firmware

Is it a 3GS? I got a custom firmware I made a while ago which has had the baseband upgrade removed, if you wanna be doubley safe. (its 3.1.2, with hackiivation, baseband upgrade removed, and cydia installed)

Original Poster

vibeone;7664778

Is it a 3GS? I got a custom firmware I made a while ago which has had the … Is it a 3GS? I got a custom firmware I made a while ago which has had the baseband upgrade removed, if you wanna be doubley safe. (its 3.1.2, with hackiivation, baseband upgrade removed, and cydia installed)

just a 3g, thanks anyway.

but if i upgrade through itunes won't it upgrade the baseband and then i wont be able to use ultra/black snow :?

Download the update via iTunes.

Download the GTA game from the iTunes music store.

simples.

Banned

foxxes;7664825

just a 3g, thanks anyway.but if i upgrade through itunes won't it upgrade … just a 3g, thanks anyway.but if i upgrade through itunes won't it upgrade the baseband and then i wont be able to use ultra/black snow :?

at the present time, blacksn0w suports the latest baseband and firmware - however, just to be safe, get someone else to confirm im right!

Banned

matt3454;7664857

Download the update via iTunes. Download the GTA game from the iTunes … Download the update via iTunes. Download the GTA game from the iTunes music store.simples.

did you bother to actually read the thread?

Original Poster

matt3454;7664857

Download the update via iTunes. Download the GTA game from the iTunes … Download the update via iTunes. Download the GTA game from the iTunes music store.simples.

vibeone;7664869

lol

vibeone;7664860

at the present time, blacksn0w suports the latest baseband and firmware - … at the present time, blacksn0w suports the latest baseband and firmware - however, just to be safe, get someone else to confirm im right!

thanks. anyone else updated recently and confirm this?

vibeone;7664869

nope.

foxxes;7664905

lolthanks. anyone else updated recently and confirm this?

I did mine with blackrain & blacksnow to use a vodafone sim in an O2 phone with 3.1.2 firmware, all works fine.

Original Poster

Gimme;7664939

I did mine with blackrain & blacksnow to use a vodafone sim in an O2 … I did mine with blackrain & blacksnow to use a vodafone sim in an O2 phone with 3.1.2 firmware, all works fine.

Original Poster

Woop, it all worked ok :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault1211
    2. Leicester sack their manager!22
    3. The Brexit Good News Thread1014
    4. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.33

See more discussions