Groups

iPhone unlocking on o2

I have an iPhone 4 and I want to unlock it for when I go to the states. I have a contract with o2 which isnt affiliated with an iPhone (used to be but isn't anymore..)

Can I use this to unlock the iPhone? Also.. does the SIM have to be in the iPhone for it to unlock ?

5 Comments

Use the below link to unlock phone.
    And yes your SIM needs to be in

o2.co.uk/app…orm

Original Poster

Does it need to be in the phone all the time or just to unlock it at the end

It needs to have been used in the phone. The network will log the IMEI of the iPhone when you use it.
    O2 will use that to provide the unlock.

Bare in mind, the iphone 4 takes a micro sim not a standard sized sim.

Original Poster

steve1221

It needs to have been used in the phone. The network will log the IMEI of … It needs to have been used in the phone. The network will log the IMEI of the iPhone when you use it.O2 will use that to provide the unlock.Bare in mind, the iphone 4 takes a micro sim not a standard sized sim.

I know that. I have a micro-sim cutter anyway.

You're away then.

Stick the sim in the iphone. Send a text, and you're done. The IMEI is logged on the network.
    All you need to do then is request the unlock code, job done...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114448
      2. word association Game73844440
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543731
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1528

See more discussions