Groups
    EXPIRED

iphone warranty

Banned
    If I buy a brand new and sealed iPhone from eBay, do you need a receipt for the warranty or can apple check? Thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

9 Comments

From what I know, Apple can check if an iPhone or any other product is in warranty by typing the serial number into their systems. I doubt they'll need a receipt, though do keep it just to stay safe. HTH :).

Original Poster Banned

I won't have the receipt as it's from ebay

Apple know everything
    No receipt needed

Original Poster Banned

INDUSTRYHATER

Apple know everything No receipt needed

Yea but if I say I bought it from eBay it probably voids the warranty.

The warranty is tied with the iPhone. It will activate when you first use the iPhone! It is valid for anyone even when purchased secondhand!
    Edited by: "joshp" 31st Jul 2014

I would be wary buying from eBay make sure seller is a business seller with good feedback other wise it may get blocked...

MrMan2011

I would be wary buying from eBay make sure seller is a business seller … I would be wary buying from eBay make sure seller is a business seller with good feedback other wise it may get blocked...

+1 on this. I bought sealed on eBay that was registered lost/stolen (insurance scam). Luckily managed to get refund after sending back

Just a question Which Iphone is it and price? If you could provide the link?

Just to add.
    You can go online to apples website to the warranty checker. Type in serial number and it tells you when warranty expires.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?34
      2. Dell Outlet Alternatives22
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1224
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1017

See more discussions