Found 10th Jan 2009
Hey People

Have an iPhone 3g! Awesome phone..............however have noticed when I press the top button to lock the phone the screen flickers quite a bit! Now the thing is I want to unlock it but I would want to do that once that issue is sorted.

Now this phone was originally on an 02 contract (the person told me from who I bought it from) So I have no receipt, so how does the iPhone warranty work? Do I need the receipt? Do they ask many questions?

Would appreciate the advice.

Regards

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
7 Comments

Book an appointment online at your nearest apple store & they will look at and probably replace.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies people!

No its never been unlocked.

Yup its an o2 3g sim sorry! lol..Will they ask me anything about the original owner? Its still on 2.1 and nothing else has been done to it...I haven't even jailbroken it etc.

Want to get this sorted so I can unlock it lol

Original Poster

Anyone?

Original Poster

Oh Thanks so much mate!

The thing is so it would be better to post it out then go in store...as in store they will ask where your receipt is etc and original owner?

Would appreciate your replies

Regards

I had a problem with my iPhone 3g that I bought from someone off eBay
I booked an appointment with an apple "genius" at a store

- no-one asked me for a receipt, they replaced it with a brand new one straight there and then (luckily I had hoped this would happen so backed-up the phone before I left the house and deleted all my private stuff)
- I also got an apple receipt from it, so now if I have any problems I don't have to worry about anyone asking for a receipt (but they shouldn't ask!)

J

Original Poster

jcampwala;4026175

I had a problem with my iPhone 3g that I bought from someone off eBayI … I had a problem with my iPhone 3g that I bought from someone off eBayI booked an appointment with an apple "genius" at a store - no-one asked me for a receipt, they replaced it with a brand new one straight there and then (luckily I had hoped this would happen so backed-up the phone before I left the house and deleted all my private stuff) - I also got an apple receipt from it, so now if I have any problems I don't have to worry about anyone asking for a receipt (but they shouldn't ask!)J

Thanks for that info pal! Think I might have to do the same....so you just went it and no questions asked? Just that I was thinking did they ask your name/add etc? to check the owner. Hoping to get mine sorted as well! lol

Hey, if you go here and type in the serial number of your phone you'll be able to tell whether the trip to the shop is worth it!

selfsolve.apple.com/Get….do

Basically, when you go in they'll check the serial number on the back of your phone using the system which the above does, and if it comes up that you're in warranty you'll get a new phone there and then. They don't ask for a receipt as the serial number holds all the info anyway. I'm sure you're fine though as it's 3g so obviously nobody has had them over a year.

Good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount22
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project411
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?1013
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc56

See more discussions