Found 26th Mar 2009
Hey People!

Bought an iPhone a while ago. Had it unlocked to use on the 3 network. Now the thing is it used to freeze or flicker before I unlocked it, thought upgrading the firmware and then unlocking would sort that out. Well it did but now it does that again!

The thing is I note its on warranty for another 2 months! I might take it to the local shop but the thing is as it's been jailbroken and unlocked.. how would I restore it to Factory settings?

also this was bought of a well known auction site, would I need the original simcard of the previous person to activate the phone? once I restore it.

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
11 Comments

Original Poster

No one ???? lol

If its a 3g why dont you get a payg simcard and restore it and take it into apple?

Original Poster

So I could buy a 3G PAYG simcard and it should activate?

The thing is when I upgraded its firmware, it wanted activating i.e. it did not allow phone calls etc, even with an O2 2g simcard. Unlocking it made it work

Now I'm thinking if I restore will a new 3G PAYG work? as that sim was not registered to the phone earlier?

You can activate the phone via itunes with any legit O2 sim, doesn't have to be the one originally with the phone. Atleast, that's true of the old 2G ones, not 100% sure on the 3g.

Good luck taking your phone into Apple though, even if you do a restore there are traces left of what you've done.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice...I'm just wary that if I restore it then I would not be able to use the phone at all?

you must restore it before you take it to an apple store,if you go in with a jailbroken phone they will not touch it,activate with an 02 sim then go to apple store,this is the only way you will be apple to get round it

you can them jailbreak after you get it back

Original Poster

Thanks for your help people...Have been living with it flickering at the moment! Will try restoring it now....lol...Also if they do hopefully give me a replacement will this be able to be unlocked?

Cheers

Original Poster

Anyone? :thumbsup:

SkippyDoo;5212164

Thanks for your help people...Have been living with it flickering at the … Thanks for your help people...Have been living with it flickering at the moment! Will try restoring it now....lol...Also if they do hopefully give me a replacement will this be able to be unlocked?Cheers

unlikely as current firmware cannot be unlcoked

Original Poster

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....Serious! If I get it can I not put the firmware which can be unlocked on the phone?

SkippyDoo;5239821

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....Serious! If I get it can I not put the … Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....Serious! If I get it can I not put the firmware which can be unlocked on the phone?

not if the firmware is 2.2.1. and its a 3g phone,need to buy one of those rebel sim things
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247551
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983225
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions