Groups

Iphone... worth it?

i am stupidyly tempted to buy an Iphone.

anyone got one? on contract or pay as you go? do you reckon its worth it?

32 Comments

i have one on contract,quite pricey but well worth it.i think this phone is amazing some cool apps and looks sexy!

If you have too! me i like to be different and i cant stand touch screens so i have a samsung i850 (inov8) Your choice though:?

What are you going to really use it for? is it mainly for calls, do you want the net, emails etc or do you just want to look cool?

if you use it for internet and as a tool is worth every penny. Almost regret not getting it earlier. Got rid of my diary, completely dependent on it, budgeting, appointments, notes... music, the quick email access...amazing and fun whilst you are using it too.

Ive had both iPhones (1st and 2nd Gen), they do have issues (as all phones do) but im already waiting on the 3rd one coming out!

Original Poster

i really want it for internet. The fact i can browse it on the bus somwehre and check my emails... and probably HUKD!

Original Poster

Bikebarbie;4323148

if you use it for internet and as a tool is worth every penny. Almost … if you use it for internet and as a tool is worth every penny. Almost regret not getting it earlier. Got rid of my diary, completely dependent on it, budgeting, appointments, notes... music, the quick email access...amazing and fun whilst you are using it too.

hmm cheers for response. yeah its the internet i want it for. 18 month contract is a bit of a stinger tho?

Why not go for the new Blackberry Pearl on PAYG, touch phones arent all they are cracked up to be i have a LG Cookie and its great for the price but they all have there faults, if you sat looking at all the pros and cons you would never buy a phone (or anything else to be honest), or there was a deal here on Virgin i think for the new Nokia 5800 for £180

Original Poster

i got my heart set on an Iphone methinks. Its just working out cheapest way to do it.

i got an iphone at the start of jan. At first i was really unsure if i had made the right choice, but over the last few weeks i've come to really love it.
    Just a case of trying to find the perfect case for it now, think i'm going for the switcheasy rebel.

Oh and i decided to buy the phone on payg and the buy the £20 o2 simplicity sim card deal with unlimited web bolt on (unlimited web is a must for the iphone)

Original Poster

stratomaster;4323335

i got an iphone at the start of jan. At first i was really unsure if i … i got an iphone at the start of jan. At first i was really unsure if i had made the right choice, but over the last few weeks i've come to really love it.Just a case of trying to find the perfect case for it now, think i'm going for the switcheasy rebel.Oh and i decided to buy the phone on payg and the buy the £20 o2 simplicity sim card deal with unlimited web bolt on (unlimited web is a must for the iphone)

AHA. this is what i wanted to do. do i have to jailbreak the phone if i do this? or can you just get it on the Iphone sim?

Original Poster

also i heard something about if i buy a pay as you go phone then i top up a certain amount per month i can get free minutes?

I've just received the iPhone and lovin it so far!

Got a seperate app for eBay, so I can check items im selling/buying. PayPal, so if I buy something here, then I can go straight to that to pay someone...facebook app for checking that, plus you can use your gmail account, as well as others for checking email on the go....I really like it! Loads of other apps which may it good to access what you need at the push of a button! :thumbsup:
    Good for browsing the net too!

Go for it! ;-)

Original Poster

the porter;4323631

guys check out the itn app on the app store its free and its superb if … guys check out the itn app on the app store its free and its superb if you like to keep up with the news and sport the videos are fantastic quality ,op dont wait just get 1 but buy one off ebay then add a symplicity tariff dont go down the contract route:thumbsup:

do i have to jailbreak the phone if i do this? dont fancy voiding warranty...

Original Poster

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm 6 months into a contract and I fancy a new phone. Although there isn't much else out there at the moment I'm still married to this Iphone until next year @ £45 a month. Pay as you go is the way forward...... I wish I did that now:oops: Great phone though:thumbsup:

Original Poster

oki now i think im definately sold on going pay as you go......

Banned

jtx;4324408

I'm 6 months into a contract and I fancy a new phone. Although there … I'm 6 months into a contract and I fancy a new phone. Although there isn't much else out there at the moment I'm still married to this Iphone until next year @ £45 a month. Pay as you go is the way forward...... I wish I did that now:oops: Great phone though:thumbsup:

You can downgrade without penalty after 9 months.

guv;4324555

You can downgrade without penalty after 9 months.

I'm aware of that but Ill still need the minutes :thumbsup:

Bought the 16gb on payg and have now had it unlocked using the software which is now available free . Now using my vodafone sim and 3g is fantastic compared to the o2 sim which i got with the phone.
    ps if you are planning to unlock then make sure you do not updat the software on itunes as this will updat the modem whic at the moment cannot be unlocked:thumbsup:

Banned

DONT LISTEN TO GUV!!!

Touch HD on o2 is the way!

mobiles.co.uk/o2-…tml

Mclovin;4323381

AHA. this is what i wanted to do. do i have to jailbreak the phone if i … AHA. this is what i wanted to do. do i have to jailbreak the phone if i do this? or can you just get it on the Iphone sim?

its already been answered... but no you don't have to jailbreak it :thumbsup:

best thing i ever did was get an iphone.
    i get 30% off the contact so have the £45 a month tarrif for £30, and got the 8gb phone for free.
    i think i can get you a code for 30% off the contract...

Banned

imranmaz;4325878

DONT LISTEN TO GUV!!! :pTouch HD on o2 is the … DONT LISTEN TO GUV!!! :pTouch HD on o2 is the way!http://www.mobiles.co.uk/o2-htc-touch-hd.html

Haha.... Too late. I bought an iPhone (but only cos I got a free 16GB iTouch with it as well. (Bought one each for me and the missus!0

Plus using the same discount that ciazman has mentioned.

HTC touch HD is still months away buying from O2 direct!

Hi,
    I was just about to order an iphone and checked here, where can i get a discount code, and where do they offer the free ipod?
    Thanks in advance.

i still have 1st gen... had it over ayear now and its seriously best piece of kit I've ever invested in.

I wouldn't get one yet though, there are 3 others out this year.......

1. Re-released iPhone classic (aimed at Indian Market)

2. iPhone2.1 - 32GB iPhone, new design

3. iPhone Nano

I think they are out in June.

Original Poster

Well I bort it now I need some nice free aps

Jailbreak it & download as many free apps as you desire !! You can even install a "free" app store. Every App in the Apple store, but for freee !!

Original Poster

nahh dont wanna jail break it :P Any cool aps? ive got facebook and ITN.

Why ?

You can't break it & if it does need to go back for anything, just restore it via iTunes !

Hi ciazman. Can you or anyone else help with the 30% discount on iphone contract. Desparetly want one but budget tight cos of new baby. cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767377
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1217
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow817

See more discussions