Iphone x Broken front Glass

Posted 1st Jul
Hi, wondered if anyone here had previously fixed a broken Iphone front Glass, i'e DIY?

There are so many options on Ebay to purchase the screen but dont seem genuine, if anyone has any experience they could share, it would be much appreciated.

Things like, where could i get the parts for less and is genuine. Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Personally i would take it to an 🍎 store .
AW007901/07/2020 21:59

Personally i would take it to an 🍎 store .

Jees..I want to avoid that, cost you like £285.
Wont find those materials genuine on Ebay. If you want genuine parts will have to get it fixed by an expert
The screens on eBay will be very poor quality and most arrive faulty. You would be better getting a kit from ifixit.
I have fixed several screens myself - the ones you buy from vendors such as eBay won’t be genuine parts, but having said that I highly doubt you would get genuine parts from the majority of companies who complete repairs other than Apple. I personally have never had any issues with any of the devices I have repaired myself
Chipps01/07/2020 22:10

I have fixed several screens myself - the ones you buy from vendors such …I have fixed several screens myself - the ones you buy from vendors such as eBay won’t be genuine parts, but having said that I highly doubt you would get genuine parts from the majority of companies who complete repairs other than Apple. I personally have never had any issues with any of the devices I have repaired myself

Let’s just say we drop the word Genuine and let something which would look and function closer to the reality. Any suggestions on specific vendors where I could get them?
Wilzia01/07/2020 22:14

Let’s just say we drop the word Genuine and let something which would look …Let’s just say we drop the word Genuine and let something which would look and function closer to the reality. Any suggestions on specific vendors where I could get them?

Ifixit
If I’m being honest I don’t know if you can get a specific manufacturer as such, I just tend to scope out amazon/eBay for the exact part I need (I was burnt on my first ever purchase as bought the screen glass and not the glass interface as a single component) and go from there. I usually repair friends and family members device, as I have only ever broken my phone screen once.... it happened to be for an iPhone XS and happened about 2 weeks after it was released. Apple wanted around £400 to fix and I did it myself for around £130. Devices from iPhone 8 or below (not including max) can be done for around £25
I fixed one myself, bought off eBay. The screen is not original and when put next to another iphone. The screen can be dull or to bright which I've found the case with a couple. But it works. However you will need to consider that your phone will most likely not be waterproof if you repair it yourself.
Replacebase are a good source.

However I usually get mine from Amazon as it's easier to return etc.. I've replaced loads over the years. Some are better than others.
Id also reccomend iFixIt. Theyve done me well in the past and although the parts are expensive, they are of better quality than youd find on eBay/Amazon.
Do not buy one off ebay. Screen quality is really bad. They arent oled so your battery will go down faster as well. I'd recommend buying a screen from ifixit. They have genuine good quality parts
I bought one from amazon and fitted it myself - cost me £90 and it’s a quality oled screen that is of very similar quality to the original. You do lose True Tone if you don’t go to Apple meaning the colour is slightly off - you can tell when up against an original but it’s probably worth saving your money and buying a third party.
It comes with everything you need including the membrane to ensure the waterproof feature is intact
nrackham7602/07/2020 11:46

I bought one from amazon and fitted it myself - cost me £90 and it’s a qu …I bought one from amazon and fitted it myself - cost me £90 and it’s a quality oled screen that is of very similar quality to the original. You do lose True Tone if you don’t go to Apple meaning the colour is slightly off - you can tell when up against an original but it’s probably worth saving your money and buying a third party.It comes with everything you need including the membrane to ensure the waterproof feature is intact

Thank you, could you possibly share the link where you picked this up?
Wow thank you everyone for your kind help, it has really helped me.
nrackham7602/07/2020 13:58

YPLANG for iPhone X Screen... …YPLANG for iPhone X Screen... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082B5LW8J?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thank you 🙏
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants