iPhone X scalpers on eBay and the high street!

Found 12th Nov 2017
£1500 on eBay, majority of the phones. People bought outright for 1100 and trying to make a profit off impatient fans which is completely distasteful but nothing new.

Went in CEX for a laugh today, and guess what? IPhone X used, 1500 quid! What the frick, how can they sell it for more than its actually worth. Did they have a scalper sat waiting outside Apple stores for every CEX in the country?
Community Updates
MiscApple
Top comments
I Phone fans walk around with a big sticker on their forehead that says " I'm a socially inept mug - please rip me off " .

Can you blame folks for accommodating their wishes ? After all Apple have been doing it for years
you mean people have been buying and selling for profit?!!?
A fool and his money are soon parted.
12 Comments
I Phone fans walk around with a big sticker on their forehead that says " I'm a socially inept mug - please rip me off " .

Can you blame folks for accommodating their wishes ? After all Apple have been doing it for years
you mean people have been buying and selling for profit?!!?
A fool and his money are soon parted.
tried an Icon x in the local mental asylum (apple store) , first impressions it was small
The notch did not bother me, and screen was nice, don't see much reason to buy this above a Samsung s8 which would cost half the price.
Lack of Headphone jack really bothers me, my first mars bar type phone had no headphone jack but came with a dongle, kept forgetting to take dongle with me, so could not listen to radio2 whilst programming.

Also FM radio, best thing ever , why buy a phone with no FM radio
So many sheep around ignoring the world and playing with iphones i think Apple is gonna be skynet.

And my kid he looks at a phone case in a shop and says buy it i say its an iPhone case i don't have an iPhone, he says yes you do, i say no i don't its a Xiaomi, he says its a phone isn't it they are all iPhones
mattmerch2 h, 15 m ago

in other news several companies confirmed they buy products for more than …in other news several companies confirmed they buy products for more than they sell them high demand and low stock causing a higher price what ever next ?

so that's what happened to woolworths
Clearly apple are not charging enough if these phones are “worth” £1500 and can be sold for that price.

i think I might consider selling my iPhone 5S for a bargain £600. Should be a doddle to achieve.
Thanks for the tip, always looking for ways to make a profit.
I can't believe people are willing to give away money for free just so they don't have to wait a couple of weeks or so for the phone and buy it at RRP... it's idiotic really. No one needs a phone that bad that they can't wait.
hearts224 h, 22 m ago

I can't believe people are willing to give away money for free just so …I can't believe people are willing to give away money for free just so they don't have to wait a couple of weeks or so for the phone and buy it at RRP... it's idiotic really. No one needs a phone that bad that they can't wait.

£1500 is pocket change for some people and why wait for only £500 more. I wouldn't pay £1k for a phone that is only worth £500 but people want the phone because it makes them feel special to have something exclusive.
I can't blame anyone for charging an extra £500 for a phone when people are willing to pay it as it's not like food where you need it to survive
kester7620 m ago

£1500 is pocket change for some people and why wait for only £500 more. I w …£1500 is pocket change for some people and why wait for only £500 more. I wouldn't pay £1k for a phone that is only worth £500 but people want the phone because it makes them feel special to have something exclusive.I can't blame anyone for charging an extra £500 for a phone when people are willing to pay it as it's not like food where you need it to survive

I don't blame them either. It's the people buying them that are questionable for me. They are plainly stupid. Giving money to someone on ebay for free really.
I get that for some £1500 is nothing, but still, why pay £500 more when the phone isn't worth that price in the first place and when you can get it cheaper if you JUST wait a couple of weeks. You'll get it eventually. It's not a collector's item where you might not find one for sale ever again.

It's only stupidity and impatience. I am a tech enthusiast myself and impatient when I want something but I'd never spend more than retail price to have something a bit earlier. It's wasting money for no good reason.
Oh and the ones who would give Cex £1500 are even more stupid than the ones paying over the odds for a sealed one on ebay... at least the morons on ebay are getting a brand new phone.
Edited by: "hearts22" 12th Nov 2017
hearts2215 m ago

I don't blame them either. It's the people buying them that are …I don't blame them either. It's the people buying them that are questionable for me. They are plainly stupid. Giving money to someone on ebay for free really. I get that for some £1500 is nothing, but still, why pay £500 more when the phone isn't worth that price in the first place and when you can get it cheaper if you JUST wait a couple of weeks. You'll get it eventually. It's not a collector's item where you might not find one for sale ever again.It's only stupidity and impatience. I am a tech enthusiast myself and impatient when I want something but I'd never spend more than retail price to have something a bit earlier. It's wasting money for no good reason.Oh and the ones who would give Cex £1500 are even more stupid than the ones paying over the odds for a sealed one on ebay... at least the morons on ebay are getting a brand new phone.

It's because you appreciate the value of money an unfortunately some people have zero principles. Anyone buying a phone for £1k is datf, it's just too much for a phone and isn't justifiable in anyway as value for money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants