iPhone X scratched

Found 4th Mar
I know this is going to be unpopular with a lot of haters and the like.

I just wanted to get some advice I brought an iPhone X from Apple store on release day and I’m underwhelmed to say the least but my main issue is that my screen got scratched even though it is supposed to be the toughest screen around, scratch proof and all that rubbish.

I’ve contacted Apple and they are not going to do anything about it, is there any options for me or am I just going to have to live with it.

Don’t wish to start a debate about how much I spent and what I could have got etc just some advice if anyone can

Thanks 🙏🏾
Community Updates
AskPhones
Top comments
nrackham765 m ago

If the damage is down to a faulty unit then they exchange it. Can it be a …If the damage is down to a faulty unit then they exchange it. Can it be a damaged screen but just take it in and say it’s giving faults. When they give it a hard reset with a new OS they send you away, then you go back in days later and tell them no change.. you will have a replacement within minutesApple are the best company for this - hence why there are so many ‘replacements’ for sale.

Ah so you're suggesting fraud? What a pleasant human being.
ah man, when you try to convince yourself a bit of fraud is justified you know you are near the bottom
40 Comments
You're just going to have to live with it. Tough screen yes. Completely impervious to scratches? Absolutely not. Sorry you'll have no recourse on this.
They will tell you anything to get your money. What do you expect now? It may be toughest etc but they never claimed its scratchproof.
Just damage it and go in for an exchange,
nrackham762 m ago

Just damage it and go in for an exchange,

Eh? How would that work??
33378493-088fr.jpg
If the damage is down to a faulty unit then they exchange it. Can it be a damaged screen but just take it in and say it’s giving faults. When they give it a hard reset with a new OS they send you away, then you go back in days later and tell them no change.. you will have a replacement within minutes
Apple are the best company for this - hence why there are so many ‘replacements’ for sale.
it always pains me but when i buy an apple product for my kids i always buy an expensive protective case,im protecting my investment it goes on before my kids even see the item and ive never had an issue with damages.
nrackham765 m ago

If the damage is down to a faulty unit then they exchange it. Can it be a …If the damage is down to a faulty unit then they exchange it. Can it be a damaged screen but just take it in and say it’s giving faults. When they give it a hard reset with a new OS they send you away, then you go back in days later and tell them no change.. you will have a replacement within minutesApple are the best company for this - hence why there are so many ‘replacements’ for sale.

Do you think Apple replace iPhones without a valid reason? I don’t think so.
Why didn’t you have a screen protector?
ipswich783 m ago

Charging £1000+ for a phone (a **** one at that) is also fraud in my eyes.
Edited by: "master10" 4th Mar
I did have a glass screen on it from day one but it cracked and removed it waiting for new one to arrive. Bad decision I know. Listened to someone at work who has the iPhone 8 and kept telling me it’s gorilla glass won’t scratch don’t worry. Wish I hadn’t listened now.
Edited by: "vazzt" 4th Mar
ipswich784 m ago

Absolutely,
If the client has been given an item not as described and the vender will not assist, he has to do what it takes to get an exchange
It’s a dog eat dog world Ipswich whether it’s a good thing or not
master102 m ago

Really? It's consumerism. It's supply and demand. People choose to spend that on a phone then good luck to them.
ipswich782 m ago

Really? It's consumerism. It's supply and demand. People choose to spend …Really? It's consumerism. It's supply and demand. People choose to spend that on a phone then good luck to them.

Won’t be doing it again. Waste of money. I hadn’t planned to get it either but my friend queued all night to get one for him and me. Felt guilty and gave him the money. I can afford it but it’s not something I would ever do again. No phone is worth £1000 unless it’s going to do something extra special
ipswich7818 m ago

Really? It's consumerism. It's supply and demand. People choose to spend …Really? It's consumerism. It's supply and demand. People choose to spend that on a phone then good luck to them.

Fraud:
Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Or

a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

Did they not deceive people into thinking it was the bees knees for an extortionate amount. When in fact it was tech available at half the cost. Not consumerism. But as you said woe to those who fell for it.
I'd obviously never condone this kind of action........... but I'm told a Laptop charger with the jack removed leaving bare wires... touched on the circuitry of any device (or sim card contacts / charging connector) never fails to make a device dead and irreparable

I'm told it usually makes a replacement device forthcoming from the manufacturer...
Edited by: "Uridium" 4th Mar
vazzt26 m ago

I did have a glass screen on it from day one but it cracked and removed it …I did have a glass screen on it from day one but it cracked and removed it waiting for new one to arrive. Bad decision I know. Listened to someone at work who has the iPhone 8 and kept telling me it’s gorilla glass won’t scratch don’t worry. Wish I hadn’t listened now.

Have you put a new protector on yet? it may be the scratch is practically invisible then. If it's not massive.
Uridium2 m ago

I'd obviously never condone this kind of action........... but I'm told a …I'd obviously never condone this kind of action........... but I'm told a Laptop charger with the jack removed leaving bare wires... touched on the circuitry of any device (or sim card contacts / charging connector) never fails to make a device dead and irreparable I'm told it usually makes a replacement device forthcoming from the manufacturer...

How many times have you won the Dawin award for science with that trick?
ah man, when you try to convince yourself a bit of fraud is justified you know you are near the bottom
MSK.3 m ago

How many times have you won the Dawin award for science with that trick?

Never 'myself' obviously ;-) but have seen it done many many times to stop a device booting to make a replacement forthcoming.
Should of bought a Nokia 3210
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 5th Mar
It’s almost 4 months old or something... if you’re going to buy an expensive phone BUY A SCREEN PROTECTOR. Less costly than a new screen and you can’t tell the difference. No phone (or at least yet) is 100% scratch proof.

Just an FYI, Apple are under no legal obligation to do anything as the damage was not their fault and they didn’t promise that the phone wouldn’t scratch.
Splice42 m ago

Should of bourt a Nokia 3210

bourt ...really? Spelling isn't everything I know but that one is really bad....
Edited by: "Uridium" 5th Mar
Uridium7 m ago

bourt ...really? Spelling isn't everything I know but that one is really …bourt ...really? Spelling isn't everything I know but that one is really bad....

It's stupid auto correct on my phone sorry
Splice4 m ago

It's stupid auto correct on my phone sorry

I typed bought but it was changed to bourt dumb phone
master102 h, 56 m ago

You choose to pay that amount willingly if you buy the phone. No fraud there. It's all openly stated.
You don't need to buy an iPhone. There's plenty of other alternatives. You're not deceived or conned into buying. It does pretty much what it says it does.
The screen isn't indestructible or unscratcheable. It's not advertised as such.
Oh and every company advertises their product as if it was the best ever... Not just Apple.
Edited by: "hearts22" 5th Mar
hearts225 h, 8 m ago

You choose to pay that amount willingly if you buy the phone. No fraud …You choose to pay that amount willingly if you buy the phone. No fraud there. It's all openly stated. You don't need to buy an iPhone. There's plenty of other alternatives. You're not deceived or conned into buying. It does pretty much what it says it does. The screen isn't indestructible or unscratcheable. It's not advertised as such.Oh and every company advertises their product as if it was the best ever... Not just Apple.

But every company doesnt charge £1000+.
deleted1597344
The only way you will get a replacement screen under warranty is if it has a single hairline crack
My iPhone 8 did the same, I’ve got used to it now but it was annoying to say the least! I will get it replaced for some reason within the first year

It was quite funny to see at MWC this year the amount of shameless copied iPhone X notches, from decent phone manufacturers. Not copying the good tech just the notch, android never changes eh
The iPhone screen must be very delicate, I don't know many iPhone users that haven't currently got cracks or scratches on there screens. Is it the phone or are the users extremely clumsy?. I have never broken a screen on any of my mobiles and I've dropped them many times. At over £1k it should be virtually indestructible imo. It's like carrying around an unboiled egg.
Dannyrobbo59 m ago

My iPhone 8 did the same, I’ve got used to it now but it was annoying to s …My iPhone 8 did the same, I’ve got used to it now but it was annoying to say the least! I will get it replaced for some reason within the first yearIt was quite funny to see at MWC this year the amount of shameless copied iPhone X notches, from decent phone manufacturers. Not copying the good tech just the notch, android never changes eh

Apple have been copying Samsung for years now, playing catch-up etc. Apple haven't revolutionised anything in years. Yes it does facial recognition slightly better than the competition, Microsoft have been using the technology for years now, Android have had facial recognition since the S5, so took Apple a few years to catch up lol. It looks very similar to a Samsung S8 now which device came out first I wonder?. S8 better looking mind you.
What do you put in your pocket with your phone that it scratches the phone?
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Mar
master101 h, 33 m ago

So, by your thinking every car BMW/Audi etc make should cost the same as a Dacia.
Gorilla glass makes it tougher but not indestructible. I would suggest you put a tempered glass on it and just forget about it. If the item develops a fault within the manufacturing period take it back. I do mean a genuine fault and nt a contrived one or one you've contributed to yourself.
Edited by: "Cheapasnowt" 5th Mar
.MUFC.1 h, 22 m ago

Apple have been copying Samsung for years now, playing catch-up etc. Apple …Apple have been copying Samsung for years now, playing catch-up etc. Apple haven't revolutionised anything in years. Yes it does facial recognition slightly better than the competition, Microsoft have been using the technology for years now, Android have had facial recognition since the S5, so took Apple a few years to catch up lol. It looks very similar to a Samsung S8 now which device came out first I wonder?. S8 better looking mind you.

Samsung actually have not copied (except the 3D emoji) I wasn’t talking about them. I mean LG has ordered a complete redesign of the G7 and is adding a notch, the new Asus advertised that their notch is 26% smaller than apples

also you say slightly better it’s pretty universal that android facial recognition is useless, it’s telling as you can’t authenticate payments.

I dislike the X, facial recognition and the notch, but can manufacturers not just try to copy Apple for once and have their own unique ideas
Dannyrobbo7 m ago

Samsung actually have not copied (except the 3D emoji) I wasn’t talking a …Samsung actually have not copied (except the 3D emoji) I wasn’t talking about them. I mean LG has ordered a complete redesign of the G7 and is adding a notch, the new Asus advertised that their notch is 26% smaller than apples also you say slightly better it’s pretty universal that android facial recognition is useless, it’s telling as you can’t authenticate payments. I dislike the X, facial recognition and the notch, but can manufacturers not just try to copy Apple for once and have their own unique ideas

I suspect there is a limitation in design, An irony that some manufacturers choose to copy, I agree.

Shame Windows Phone failed to gain a decent market share. They had depth cameras and could have easily implemented it into there Lumia's. They were very robust, my 930 was very tough, I dropped that several times. The OS was very good but apps were very bad.
Uridium11 h, 40 m ago

I'd obviously never condone this kind of action........... but I'm told a …I'd obviously never condone this kind of action........... but I'm told a Laptop charger with the jack removed leaving bare wires... touched on the circuitry of any device (or sim card contacts / charging connector) never fails to make a device dead and irreparable I'm told it usually makes a replacement device forthcoming from the manufacturer...

A USB killer does the trick:)
.MUFC.3 h, 27 m ago

I suspect there is a limitation in design, An irony that some …I suspect there is a limitation in design, An irony that some manufacturers choose to copy, I agree.Shame Windows Phone failed to gain a decent market share. They had depth cameras and could have easily implemented it into there Lumia's. They were very robust, my 930 was very tough, I dropped that several times. The OS was very good but apps were very bad.

Windows phones were great it was a massive missed opportunity, if they would have only split their phone from their PC OS from the beginning.

I used to have a Sony windows phone 6 (Xperia X1 loved it!). Their newer phones looked great and I always loved the office stuff on them, like you say they just had no support or decent apps.

its a shame because they actually tried to be different, but the damage was done by the time the iPhone first came out and they were too far behind and by the time they did it was too late to gather support.
master108 h, 22 m ago

You choose what phone to buy lol. Companies charge different prices, sell different products. Up to you to choose. You don't have a gun to your head.

No one forces you to buy a phone that costs £1000. Buy one of the others that cost less and are flagships like the iPhone then. There is even an iPhone 8 that costs less and does pretty much the same things as the X.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants