iPhone X Screen Protector

Found 3rd Nov 2017
A few days ago someone posted a deal for a glass screen protector for the iPhone X for i think around £1.80, does anybody know where the thread is? Cant seem to find it. Thanks
Community Updates
AskApple
25 Comments
Better to just throw it in the bin, that's basically what your doing with money!
a £1.80 screen protector for a grand phone, get your self an Anker one
Original Poster
A £1.80 screen protector does the same as a £20 one.
eslick4 m ago

a £1.80 screen protector for a grand phone, get your self an Anker one

Snakeyes64613 m ago

Better to just throw it in the bin, that's basically what your doing with …Better to just throw it in the bin, that's basically what your doing with money!

And I’m hardly throwing my money away for something I want and use everyday.
cameronswift2 m ago

A £1.80 screen protector does the same as a £20 one. And I’m hardly thr …A £1.80 screen protector does the same as a £20 one. And I’m hardly throwing my money away for something I want and use everyday.

for £1.80 you might be anker ones are the best ones and arent £20, £5.99 for two.

amazon.co.uk/Pro…tor
Edited by: "eslick" 3rd Nov 2017
For a grand phone you would expect a free screen protector
qdossound.com/scr…446
£29.84 - you've spent a £1000, spend properly on your screen protector.
artnada2 h, 33 m ago

http://www.qdossound.com/screen-protection/optiguard-glass-curve-applicator?id=1446£29.84 - you've spent a £1000, spend properly on your screen protector.

But the more you spend on a glass protector you're just paying more for the packaging...

Had a Samsung note 3 for 2 years with a tempered glass protector that cost me £3.50 off eBay.

Didn't chip or break and barely took any scratches. Sold the phone to my brother who dropped it onto a kerb edge the screen protector broke and shattered. The phones screen was still safe, the body of the phone took a bit of damage.

Samsung S6 edge, bought one of those gel film protectors from a expensive brand (forgot who but was £24.99). The protector pealed off, they replaced. It pealed off again, I just didn't bother claiming again on the warranty.

Flat screen phones you can get away with a cheap, quality tempered glass protector. Curves screens is the where I'm finding issues and that's due to the screen design.
Original Poster
Bradleigh6 h, 4 m ago

True, still get people on here saying buy a £30 protector... okay.
Original Poster
artnada5 h, 35 m ago

http://www.qdossound.com/screen-protection/optiguard-glass-curve-applicator?id=1446£29.84 - you've spent a £1000, spend properly on your screen protector.

The money for a screen protector has no bearing on the price of an iPhone.... a £1.50 screen protector is the same as a £30 protector, i don't need a fancy brand for something that is protecting my phone.. Its not like a drop will smash the protector and my screen.
Bradleigh13 h, 34 m ago

For a grand phone you'd expect it to cook, clean and everything else for you too!
cameronswift8 h, 2 m ago

The money for a screen protector has no bearing on the price of an …The money for a screen protector has no bearing on the price of an iPhone.... a £1.50 screen protector is the same as a £30 protector, i don't need a fancy brand for something that is protecting my phone.. Its not like a drop will smash the protector and my screen.

See if didn’t bother to reply to my reply it’s a simple hit of the like button not a difficult thing to do when people offer help.

Lets get get one thing straight pay what you want but if I am paying any reasonable amount for a phone I want something that is tried and tested not something with no provenance. Possibly made in a factory with normal protector by a company who did no research and development. So yes buy a cheap £1.80 one if you want with nothing to back it up or pay £3 for the anker ones which are backed by a great company with excellent warranty. Yep difficult that extra £1.20.
you brand loyal sheep are so funny

answer is get the cheapest one
eslick5 h, 16 m ago

See if didn’t bother to reply to my reply it’s a simple hit of the like but …See if didn’t bother to reply to my reply it’s a simple hit of the like button not a difficult thing to do when people offer help. Lets get get one thing straight pay what you want but if I am paying any reasonable amount for a phone I want something that is tried and tested not something with no provenance. Possibly made in a factory with normal protector by a company who did no research and development. So yes buy a cheap £1.80 one if you want with nothing to back it up or pay £3 for the anker ones which are backed by a great company with excellent warranty. Yep difficult that extra £1.20.

It isn't about them being researched, tried and tested.

We are in an age where everything is made in China and companies (many of which use Kickstarter) take a product that's already on the market and place their branding on it.

I've seen cheap products we can buy for £2 and have been rebranded and sold for £25. Screen protectors are in that section off the market.

Because Anker are a known brand doesn't mean that their screen protector isn't a repackaged 99p sheet of glass. (Not saying that it is but I wouldn't rule it out).
Original Poster
eslick5 h, 25 m ago

See if didn’t bother to reply to my reply it’s a simple hit of the like but …See if didn’t bother to reply to my reply it’s a simple hit of the like button not a difficult thing to do when people offer help. Lets get get one thing straight pay what you want but if I am paying any reasonable amount for a phone I want something that is tried and tested not something with no provenance. Possibly made in a factory with normal protector by a company who did no research and development. So yes buy a cheap £1.80 one if you want with nothing to back it up or pay £3 for the anker ones which are backed by a great company with excellent warranty. Yep difficult that extra £1.20.

Its a screen protector mate, they aren't the same as buying headphones. It's a flimsy piece of glass that is the same as a branded piece of glass
Was it this Deal ?
cameronswift36 m ago

Its a screen protector mate, they aren't the same as buying headphones. …Its a screen protector mate, they aren't the same as buying headphones. It's a flimsy piece of glass that is the same as a branded piece of glass

Good luck, you obviously don’t have a clue, it’s hardened glass and if that isn’t done right you might as well put the old plastic one on. Spend a fortune and worry about saving £1.20 couldn’t make it up.

Toptrumpet31 m ago

Was it this Deal ?

No chance that’s to expensive for the op, would rather save a few pennies but pay a grand for a phone.
kos1c1 h, 32 m ago

It isn't about them being researched, tried and tested. We are in an age …It isn't about them being researched, tried and tested. We are in an age where everything is made in China and companies (many of which use Kickstarter) take a product that's already on the market and place their branding on it. I've seen cheap products we can buy for £2 and have been rebranded and sold for £25. Screen protectors are in that section off the market. Because Anker are a known brand doesn't mean that their screen protector isn't a repackaged 99p sheet of glass. (Not saying that it is but I wouldn't rule it out).

You could be right but for £1.20 would you risk it on a non branded one. Everything is made in China but not everything is made to the same quality. The big brands make lots there and so many fake items come out from there as well. No one is saying pay £25 but paying £1.20 more for an item with a lifetime warranty seems worth it to me.
eslick1 h, 33 m ago

You could be right but for £1.20 would you risk it on a non branded one. …You could be right but for £1.20 would you risk it on a non branded one. Everything is made in China but not everything is made to the same quality. The big brands make lots there and so many fake items come out from there as well. No one is saying pay £25 but paying £1.20 more for an item with a lifetime warranty seems worth it to me.

As above I used a cheap glass screen protector for my note 3 and it lasted 2 years no issue.
A high branded screen protector for my s6 edge didn't last me 6 months before it pealed off.

Price doesn't always mean quality. Can pay £100 and get a poor quality item as well paying £3.

Edit
This is what I used on my s6 edge cost me £21.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Life time guarantee. Used the replacement once it, came off and I didn't bother asking for another. A product has to be so bad that even when it's free, it's a hassle.

I just didn't use a screen protector and looked after my property like we are meant too.

Was a huge waste if £21.
Edited by: "kos1c" 4th Nov 2017
kos1c8 m ago

As above I used a cheap glass screen protector for my note 3 and it lasted …As above I used a cheap glass screen protector for my note 3 and it lasted 2 years no issue. A high branded screen protector for my s6 edge didn't last me 6 months before it pealed off. Price doesn't always mean quality. Can pay £100 and get a poor quality item as well paying £3.EditThis is what I used on my s6 edge cost me £21. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UGAQNCI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1Life time guarantee. Used the replacement once it, came off and I didn't bother asking for another. I just didn't use a screen protector and looked after my property like we are meant too. Was a huge waste if £21.

Ok seems everyone thinks I am taking about spending a fortune on screen protectors I have never said pay £25, I am talking about paying £3 for one with good feedback, from a company many in here trust, one that you can put on and if there are any issues with bubbles get it replaced, put it on and drop the phone and it cracks the company will replace it. Is it to much to ask to pay £1.20 more than the op asked and get all of that. Well if it’s to much then go for the £1.80 one when it doesn’t go on then pay another £1.80 if it cracks then pay another £1.80. It’s your money do what you will but then again I am not the one who spent £21 on a screen protector
Edited by: "eslick" 4th Nov 2017
eslick6 m ago

Ok seems everyone thinks I am taking about spending a fortune on screen …Ok seems everyone thinks I am taking about spending a fortune on screen protectors I have never said pay £25, I am talking about paying £3 for one with good feedback, from a company many in here trust, one that you can put on and if there are any issues with bubbles get it replaced, put it on and drop the phone and it cracks the company will replace it. Is it to much to ask to pay £1.20 more than the op asked and get all of that. Well if it’s to much then go for the £1.80 one when it doesn’t go on then pay another £1.80 if it cracks then pay another £1.80. It’s your money do what you will but then again I am not the one who spent £21 on a screen protector

I thought someone above mentioned get an expensive screen protector.

Anything under £10 is gonna do the job. If it has replacement guarantee then even better
kos1c1 m ago

I thought someone above mentioned get an expensive screen protector. …I thought someone above mentioned get an expensive screen protector. Anything under £10 is gonna do the job. If it has replacement guarantee then even better

Yep that’s where the op has been moaning about, doesn’t read unfortunately but likes to moan and save a quid
It was my thread mate but I think it got spammed mine came it was the spigen tr Dont listen to these lot they just like to Moan 32370691-pD1iU.jpg
Original Poster
eslick4th Nov

Yep that’s where the op has been moaning about, doesn’t read unfortunately …Yep that’s where the op has been moaning about, doesn’t read unfortunately but likes to moan and save a quid

You’re telling me I am moaning when people are here telling me to spend money on a more expensive screen protector with good reviews when the whole reason I asked this question was because the screen protector I was looking for was £6.99 or £5.99 originally but the code brings it down to £1.80?
Original Poster
eslick4th Nov

Ok seems everyone thinks I am taking about spending a fortune on screen …Ok seems everyone thinks I am taking about spending a fortune on screen protectors I have never said pay £25, I am talking about paying £3 for one with good feedback, from a company many in here trust, one that you can put on and if there are any issues with bubbles get it replaced, put it on and drop the phone and it cracks the company will replace it. Is it to much to ask to pay £1.20 more than the op asked and get all of that. Well if it’s to much then go for the £1.80 one when it doesn’t go on then pay another £1.80 if it cracks then pay another £1.80. It’s your money do what you will but then again I am not the one who spent £21 on a screen protector

Unite missing the whole point of my argument too, I’m not saying spending that extra £1.20 is gonna break my bank, the point is that screen protectors will do the exact same job, yeah maybe one will be more flimsy than another but at the end of the day if I drop my phone, the £1 screen protector and the £10 screen protector will break first, am I wrong? Why would I need to spend extra on a screen protector when it does the exact same job as the cheaper one. Fair enough if it has some extra special **** added to it, but it doesn’t. None of this anti glare bull, they’re all the same.
cameronswift50 m ago

Unite missing the whole point of my argument too, I’m not saying spending t …Unite missing the whole point of my argument too, I’m not saying spending that extra £1.20 is gonna break my bank, the point is that screen protectors will do the exact same job, yeah maybe one will be more flimsy than another but at the end of the day if I drop my phone, the £1 screen protector and the £10 screen protector will break first, am I wrong? Why would I need to spend extra on a screen protector when it does the exact same job as the cheaper one. Fair enough if it has some extra special **** added to it, but it doesn’t. None of this anti glare bull, they’re all the same.

are we really back to this, each one will be manufactured to tolerances cheap ones can be worthless but ok if it gets to that price with a code from a reputable company. if you were talking about a generic one as said at the beginning you could get the same as protection with one of the cheap plastic ones.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions