iPhone X users: can you check something for me

Found 21st May
Hi, I’ve recently got a iPhone X and I seem to be having some issues with image retention? Basically, let’s say I’m on the stock calculator app for about 2 mins, when I swipe up and pause for the app switcher, I can just about see the AC button from the calculator in the background.

Can anyone else confirm if this happens to them as well? I can’t see the button anywhere else apart from the app switcher and it does goes away very quickly. Just wondering if it’s worth taking to the Apple store as I still have warranty on it. This is also the case with home bar

Thanks everyone
Community Updates
AskiPhone 5S
15 Comments
hmm...just tried this and can't replicate it so i'm thinking i'm not experiencing some problem. Are you able to screenshot it while seeing it so I can see exactly what you're seeing?
magicjay198621 m ago

hmm...just tried this and can't replicate it so i'm thinking i'm not …hmm...just tried this and can't replicate it so i'm thinking i'm not experiencing some problem. Are you able to screenshot it while seeing it so I can see exactly what you're seeing?

thanks for the prompt reply, I think it’s physical so a screenshot won’t show it. I tried to use another device to take a photo but it doesn’t show up clearly. If you open up the stock camera app, give it about two til three minutes then swipe up to get into the app switcher but don’t let go out of your finger, where the shutter button was, can you see a faint outline of it? you do have to look extremely close so it’s probably just me overreacting lol. do appreciate your help mate
Also cannot see this issue on mine either
forums.macrumors.com/thr…28/

Side effect of using an OLED screen I believe. Most people can't see it so you probably have good eyes.
Edited by: "emodan" 21st May
emodan9 m ago

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-screen-ghosting-scrolling-issue.2084528/Side effect of using an OLED screen I believe. Most people can't see it so you probably have good eyes.

Or a faulty phone
mds12563 m ago

Or a faulty phone

What we call faulty and what apple would agree are two different things.
mds12564 m ago

Or a faulty phone

I hope not lol. I’ll try and get a video to show you lot what’s it like. My warranty is till December so I should be alright lol
emodan4 m ago

What we call faulty and what apple would agree are two different things.

They fixed my MacBook Pro whilst out of warranty, they offered, I didn’t even push to get it fixed.

one of the best for customer service in my
opinion.
It's a side effect of oled screens as mentioned above. Been an issue on galaxy phones for years. When it gets severe it's called screen burn and typically permanent.
Edited by: "master10" 21st May
I've also noticed over the years that it depends on how bright your screen is. Mine is generally on low brightness so never had an issue. Whereas others I've seen have apps like Google maps burned in the screen as it typically reverts to max brightness when in use.
master1029 m ago

I've also noticed over the years that it depends on how bright your screen …I've also noticed over the years that it depends on how bright your screen is. Mine is generally on low brightness so never had an issue. Whereas others I've seen have apps like Google maps burned in the screen as it typically reverts to max brightness when in use.

Turned my brightness right up on mine, left on the camera screen for 4 minutes and the. Went to app switcher whilst holding my thumb down and I don’t see anything where the shutter button was, just the normal blur effect. No outline or burn in
Nope not on mine.
mds12561 h, 21 m ago

Turned my brightness right up on mine, left on the camera screen for 4 …Turned my brightness right up on mine, left on the camera screen for 4 minutes and the. Went to app switcher whilst holding my thumb down and I don’t see anything where the shutter button was, just the normal blur effect. No outline or burn in

It happens over a much longer period than 4 minutes. It's from repetitive usage over weeks if not months.
33835480-2MTLp.jpgSpoken to Apple via live chat, decided to bring it in for a genius appointment. Even though it’s not too big of a problem but I did pay a lot of money for this phone so yeah.. will keep everyone updated~ thanks everyone
toyota17 h, 47 m ago

[Image] Spoken to Apple via live chat, decided to bring it in for a genius …[Image] Spoken to Apple via live chat, decided to bring it in for a genius appointment. Even though it’s not too big of a problem but I did pay a lot of money for this phone so yeah.. will keep everyone updated~ thanks everyone

They wont even question it you will get the phone replaced. Google increased the warranties on the Pixel 2 XL for burn in apples customer service I have always found to be very good (as long as the condition is good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants