Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

iPhone XS or Galaxy S10

Posted 3rd Jan
Need help, for those that have had both what did / do you prefer.

I am happy using both iOS and Android just can’t make my mind up which to go for.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
To stop this thread from becoming an iOS vs Android debate....

if you're happy using either, then buy whichever appeals the most to you, of course factoring in the costs of each device. What exactly do you intend on using the device for? Gaming? Heavy social media use? Do you take a lot of photos/videos? Is it just going to be used for calling/texting, with some light internet browsing?

I always swear by iOS, because ive gradually locked into the Apple ecosystem over the years and it just works for me

what research have you done yourself?
adz201003/01/2020 17:16

To stop this thread from becoming an iOS vs Android debate....if you're …To stop this thread from becoming an iOS vs Android debate....if you're happy using either, then buy whichever appeals the most to you, of course factoring in the costs of each device. What exactly do you intend on using the device for? Gaming? Heavy social media use? Do you take a lot of photos/videos? Is it just going to be used for calling/texting, with some light internet browsing?I always swear by iOS, because ive gradually locked into the Apple ecosystem over the years and it just works for mewhat research have you done yourself?

Take a lot of pictures, heavy social media, bit of gaming, YouTube, Netflix.
I’ve had the x, had the s9 plus. Cost is roughly the same.
Apple all the way but then again I’m an apple girl. Personally pop to the apple and Samsung stores and make your mind up from there other wise your asking for a software war
ndyanem03/01/2020 17:37

Apple all the way but then again I’m an apple girl. Personally pop to the a …Apple all the way but then again I’m an apple girl. Personally pop to the apple and Samsung stores and make your mind up from there other wise your asking for a software war

I was hoping to leave the iOS Android debate out (if that’s possible) that’s why was trying to find someone who had used both and had any preference
wakers8803/01/2020 17:28

Take a lot of pictures, heavy social media, bit of gaming, YouTube, …Take a lot of pictures, heavy social media, bit of gaming, YouTube, Netflix.I’ve had the x, had the s9 plus. Cost is roughly the same.

Based on what your requirements are, you're better off buying a decent and powerful Android handset. Are you fixed on Samsung? If not I highly recommend the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. Great price, camera and performance along with a high brightness display. If you are into gaming as you can also get into emulation. You can also with an iPhone, but there are far more limitations. I've worked in 2 different mobile retail companies in the last decade and have had extensive experience with both.
Edited by: "ShishaGod" 3rd Jan
ShishaGod03/01/2020 17:50

Based on what your requirements are, you're better off buying a decent and …Based on what your requirements are, you're better off buying a decent and powerful Android handset. Are you fixed on Samsung? If not I highly recommend the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro. Great price, camera and performance along with a high brightness display. If you are into gaming as you can also get into emulation. You can also with an iPhone, but there are far more limitations. I've worked in 2 different mobile retail companies in the last decade and have had extensive experience with both.

Thanks will check it out
This is a tricky comparison indeed, It's not like you're comparing Apples to Apples .
wakers8803/01/2020 17:28

Take a lot of pictures, heavy social media, bit of gaming, YouTube, …Take a lot of pictures, heavy social media, bit of gaming, YouTube, Netflix.I’ve had the x, had the s9 plus. Cost is roughly the same.

Either would work. I'd prefer the Samsung because of the headphone jack. But otherwise there's not much in it these days.
The iPhone will last longer due to more software updates.
Had both and prefer the iPhone XS. S9 has more functionality but stupid stuff annoyed me on the S9 like my bank not allowing Face ID where as it did on Apple. All in all I felt like the iPhone just always worked when it came to app support where as S9 could be hit and miss with app features that Apple had for a while. 2 great phones though
kilmac03/01/2020 21:24

Had both and prefer the iPhone XS. S9 has more functionality but stupid …Had both and prefer the iPhone XS. S9 has more functionality but stupid stuff annoyed me on the S9 like my bank not allowing Face ID where as it did on Apple. All in all I felt like the iPhone just always worked when it came to app support where as S9 could be hit and miss with app features that Apple had for a while. 2 great phones though

Thanks
As a ride or die samsung user, i had swapped my phone with a family member for a few months (iphone user). Id say that the camera quality in iphones are much better (wouldnt know about the quality of S9 but pic quality shouldnt be as grainy as previous samsung phones) but in terms of speed and alot of other reasons id still choose a samsung over an iphone and i cant wait to switch back to my android. I swear theres like a new software update every fortnight. But then again its personal preference.
Nilufar1234504/01/2020 17:35

As a ride or die samsung user, i had swapped my phone with a family member …As a ride or die samsung user, i had swapped my phone with a family member for a few months (iphone user). Id say that the camera quality in iphones are much better (wouldnt know about the quality of S9 but pic quality shouldnt be as grainy as previous samsung phones) but in terms of speed and alot of other reasons id still choose a samsung over an iphone and i cant wait to switch back to my android. I swear theres like a new software update every fortnight. But then again its personal preference.

Thanks, I’m gonna go with the Xs see how I get on, if not I’ll go back to Android with the s10.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions