iPhone XS or XR?

Posted 14th Oct
With the iphone 11 being out of my price range. After 5 years of having a 6, i’m looking to upgrade (buy phone outright). Apples have discontinued the XS but are still selling the XR. I dont mind buying from somewhere like CEX though.

What do people suggest is the better phone to go for? Ideally am looking for 128GB which the XS does not do. What is the difference between
Super Retina and Liquid Retina?
HDR and no HDR?
Haptic Touch and 3D touch?
Dual 12mp and Single 12mp camera?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Xs has a better display where XR has better battery and bigger but poorer display. Depends on your preference & budget
Edited by: "Will21" 14th Oct
3 reasons to buy a current iPhone

You are rich beyond belief and money means nothing to you.
You want to give away your hard earned cash to Apple
You are semi serious about photography

(there is a 4th reason but mods don't like that sort of description in posts)

Apple. Never have so many been taken for a ride and owed so many dollars to so few. Makes the Oligarchs look thrifty.
Edited by: "ccnp" 14th Oct
ccnp14/10/2019 10:30

3 reasons to buy a current iPhoneYou are rich beyond belief and money …3 reasons to buy a current iPhoneYou are rich beyond belief and money means nothing to you. You want to give away your hard earned cash to AppleYou are semi serious about photography (there is a 4th reason but mods don't like that sort of description in posts)Apple. Never have so many been taken for a ride and owed so many dollars to so few. Makes the Oligarchs look thrifty.

You must be fun at parties when someone drinks beer instead of white ice.
Unless you have both phones next to each other you won’t notice difference in screen as you will have nothing to compare it to. Saying that it is a better screen will you be able to tell, that’s a personal choice. It is a better camera can’t get around that. But battery is better on xr. If they both new and not much difference in price I would go Xs all the way, but price difference and 2nd hand I would consider new xr vs 2nd hand Xs.
XS
Can currently get an XS 256gb in pristine condition for £715 from Music Magpie. Is that a good price? Wondering if the XS will drop more in price in the next month or so seeing as Apple have stopped selling it.
I would go with new XR. I have it for one year and I am absolutely happy with it so far .
I am currently considering the same dilemma, after a fair bit of research and the fact that the XR is significantly cheaper I think you really need to physically hold both, for me the smaller size of the XS/11Pro is preferable to the larger XR/11.....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants