iPlayer 4k

Found 16th Jun
Has anyone managed to watch a World Cup match in 4k through the BBC iPlayer? I have been on but no luck.
Community Updates
It is all down to limited capacity or restricted view :
bbc.co.uk/new…154
Ask
15 Comments
doesnt give me a option just hd and even then its clearler through tv satelite when not zoomed in to players
Worked perfectly for me. Tv goes into HDR mode and the picture is
I went on the iPlayer "home" page and it wasn't there exited went back in the match was there but not 4k option
_Whatever_16th Jun

Worked perfectly for me. Tv goes into HDR mode and the picture is

iPlayer standard or beta?
moschops12 m ago

Standard app on the smart tele
moschops13 m ago

Just put it on now and this is the choice I get
34030227-H6rmF.jpg
_Whatever_16th Jun

Just put it on now and this is the choice I get [Image]

I only get the option to watch live or watch from beginning not even hd option
moschops11 m ago

I only get the option to watch live or watch from beginning not even hd …I only get the option to watch live or watch from beginning not even hd option

Not sure then
moschops117 m ago

I only get the option to watch live or watch from beginning not even hd …I only get the option to watch live or watch from beginning not even hd option

Is your device definitely on the supported list?
bbc.co.uk/ipl…uhd

If it is then make sure it's software is up to date.
It's definitely on the list and software is up to date
Watching it in UHD now
34030691-UvT0Z.jpg
moschops15 h, 24 m ago

It's definitely on the list and software is up to date

And you're using the iPlayer app on the TV's smart platform and not on another device connected to the TV (streaming box, recorder, game console, Sky/Virgin/BT etc. box)?

Which TV is it?
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 16th Jun
I am using the app on the TV , I have tried it on my Amazon fire TV box as well with no joy. The TV is hisense H50N5300UK
I watched some of the match on someone's Samsung 4K TV and the image looked terrible, flat and desaturated.
I'm not sure if it's properly calibrated, but YouTube 4k HDR for example content looks great as does "normal" Freesat HD stuff.
According to BBC it looks like you have to be lucky to get it going

Restricted view
All 29 of BBC One's World Cup matches are scheduled to be made available in 4K and HDR.

But each will be limited to "tens of thousands of people" - the exact number of iPlayer-equipped devices has not been specified in advance.

Image captionCompatible devices will offer access to the 4K HDR streams via iPlayer's home screen
To gain access, viewers must be among the first to click on the relevant home screen button just after each stream starts.

To enjoy the optimum experience, the BBC says audiences will need a 40 megabit per second (Mbit/s) internet connection - which is faster than that to which most households have access.

Those with slower download speeds may find they are provided a lower-resolution image.

BBC engineers first trialled the tech involved in public in April, when they streamed a rugby league match between York City Knights and Catalans Dragons.

More recently, they streamed the second half of the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Manchester United.

However, neither event was publicised in advance, so attracted a much smaller audience than the forthcoming competition in Russia should deliver.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants