Found 30th Jun 2010
What's the best + easiest way of accessing iPlayer whilst abroad on holiday....

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

not via a dongle / phone that is for sure, as the international data charges would be extortionate. Best visit an internet cafe or have a hotel with free / mega cheap internet access.

Original Poster

oh there's wifi in the hotel, but I thought it was blocked outside of the UK.....

Use a UK proxy

Banned

Download what you want to watch before you go

Banned

Mellow Yellow;8944760

You want to watch TV programmes whilst on holiday! seriously? :?

Thats what I thought make sure you can get itv player for your Jeremy Kyle fix....... :oops:

Banned

Mellow Yellow;8944760

You want to watch TV programmes whilst on holiday! seriously? :?

there are evenings you know after the meal - not everyone goes out getting bladdered until 5am

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie;8944769

Thats what I thought make sure you can get itv player for your Jeremy … Thats what I thought make sure you can get itv player for your Jeremy Kyle fix....... :oops:

Jeremy Kyle isn't on BBC :whistling:
I'm away for 6 weeks, bound to get bored!

but seriously, can someone explain this proxy thing?

If you are taking a laptop then maybe you can use a UK proxy to trick the iplayer into thinking you are in the UK.

Works (kinda) with Hulu, just got to find a good one and not enter any bank details etc.

download this
hotspotshield.com/

fire it up,then open up iplayer

hey presto!

has never failed for me in any country

Banned

csiman;8944783

there are evenings you know after the meal - not everyone goes out … there are evenings you know after the meal - not everyone goes out getting bladdered until 5am

So when on holiday you just go to have a meal and thats it? There are other things to do other than get bladdered or watch iplayer

paperclip;8944802

Jeremy Kyle isn't on BBC :whistling:I'm away for 6 weeks, bound to get … Jeremy Kyle isn't on BBC :whistling:I'm away for 6 weeks, bound to get bored! but seriously, can someone explain this proxy thing?

I know thats why I said ITV player :thumbsup:

You could create a VPN to your PC back home but you'd need to leave PC on

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie;8944835

So when on holiday you just go to have a meal and thats it? There are … So when on holiday you just go to have a meal and thats it? There are other things to do other than get bladdered or watch iplayerI know thats why I said ITV player :thumbsup:You could create a VPN to your PC back home but you'd need to leave PC on

I'm sure he used to be on Five... no?!

Banned

Paddy Charlie;8944835

So when on holiday you just go to have a meal and thats it? There are … So when on holiday you just go to have a meal and thats it? There are other things to do other than get bladdered or watch iplayer

dont be stupid :whistling: you know what I meant or do I have to spell it out for ya lol

Banned

csiman;8944882

dont be stupid :whistling: you know what I meant or do I have to spell it … dont be stupid :whistling: you know what I meant or do I have to spell it out for ya lol

I know exactly what you mean but it doesn't make it any less sad :whistling:

I know ]this isnt iplayer, but it could be better for your needs, and i dont see why it wont work outside the uk!

Banned

Paddy Charlie;8945084

I know exactly what you mean but it doesn't make it any less sad … I know exactly what you mean but it doesn't make it any less sad :whistling:

then learn to express yourself better you muppet :roll:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/vybgbr.gif

I love the way people are so judgemental on here, no one knows the OP's circumstances, perhaps they HAVE TO watch something that week. Instead of bickering help the OP.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions