Iplayer removal from Amazon fire tv?

Hi Guys, quick question,
Is it possible to remove the iplayer app from an amazon fire tv box? not actually got one but wondered whether it is possible which would help determine whether to buy one or not.
Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

You have to download the bbc iplayer app in the first place if you want it on the firebox

Original Poster

rugbymike

You have to download the bbc iplayer app in the first place if you want … You have to download the bbc iplayer app in the first place if you want it on the firebox

Ahh, thanks rugbymike, so they are not preinstalled. Would not want it on for purposes of being safe avoiding license if ever i got a knock on the door.
Do you, or anyone else know if, for example, the ITV-Hub/My5 app has the ability for subtitles? for example, my humax freesat box has subtitles on the iplayer on-demand content, but if i use the iplayer app on my xbox 360 then no subtitles are available. This would be a big deal breaker if no subtitles unfortunately.

I just went into the itv app and checked. There doesn't appear to be the option for subtitles I'm afraid.

Original Poster

rugbymike

I just went into the itv app and checked. There doesn't appear to be the … I just went into the itv app and checked. There doesn't appear to be the option for subtitles I'm afraid.

thanks for taking the time to check anyway.

I read in the paper they changed the iPlayer apps now so you have to verify you have a licence to access it ?

This true but it's just a yes I've got a TV licence, or No I haven't. What they do with the data though is anyone's guess!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?47
    2. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused66
    3. Confused over mobile phones from China?11
    4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1212

See more discussions