Found 28th Jun 2009
Is it worth paying the £5.99 to upgrade my iPod Touch to 3.0?

I am quite annoyed by the fact it isn't free so don't want to pay to upgrade if there isn't much difference!

9 Comments

thought it was free?.....

Original Poster

phatboy123;5613925

thought it was free?.....

So did I, but my iTunes is telling me its £5.99 to upgrade to 3.0!

I don't want to go against forum rules so I won't post a link but if you do a Google search for getting iPod Touch 3.0 for free, you can do so very easily.

and in reply- no its not worth paying for, adds nothing of any worth tbh

free for iphone,pay for ipod touch

Original Poster

I have seen a couple of forums saying that 3.0 includes some important security updates, not quite sure what though. I would have thought the security updates were more for iPhone users rather than iPod users.

Original Poster

boothy;5614150

free for iphone,pay for ipod touch

Yes, apparently as an iPhone is a ongoing payment contract, they can provide the update for free. As the iPod isn't an ongoing cost apparently they are not allowed to give the update for free due to some law?

I just did it for mine, really not worth it at all adds very little, and also makes the wifi go strange. The only reason I did though is because the apps I have started needing 3.0 to update...

kimbyanne;5614164

Yes, apparently as an iPhone is a ongoing payment contract, they can … Yes, apparently as an iPhone is a ongoing payment contract, they can provide the update for free. As the iPod isn't an ongoing cost apparently they are not allowed to give the update for free due to some law?

they upgrade all other iPods FOC :thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions