Groups

iPod advice

I'm looking to buy a ipod nano but apple tend to release their new range of ipods in the coming months, would it be better for me to wait for the new range or jump in and buy one now?

PS - anyone have info on the new range ipods?

16 Comments

Depends how bothered you are about having the latest model.

I have an 80Gb Classic, that I will never fill, it is pristine and still looks snazzy. I am happy! Buying the end of this years range should herald a more competative price. Are you going to look enviously on at the next version of Nano?

whatsThePoint

Or you could get a decent MP3 player with far better sound quality made … Or you could get a decent MP3 player with far better sound quality made by someone else

Perhaps the OP would like a more media orientated mp3 player, rather than pick from the myriad of 'decent' options you chose to list and share with them...oh no wait, you didn't contribute anything at all.

Original Poster

Well if it has better features then the current range then of course I'll be envious.

I've had plenty of thoughts on what mp3 player to get and decided nano, can't beat its user friendly interface lol

I got my iPod touch a week before the newer one came out, and I was VERY annyed, they CUT the price, put speaker in, volume rocker and just generally made it better.

I'd wait, unless you need it NOW.

But now I have a classic (old fat 160gb model) and love it, but I hated having the old touch when my mates were showing their off.

Original Poster

Looks like I'll have to wait, anyone got any info on the new range?

No idea on new nano, might be a new design, doubt it though.

I have some info on the touch:

engadget.com/201…mb/

whatsThePoint

It was a vaid point, plus other companies make better media devices as … It was a vaid point, plus other companies make better media devices as well, but as OP isn't interested in sound or video quality no point in me doing a long list of better devices, So apart from being a troll and only posting to try and **** me off what do you contribute to this thread, oh thats right nothing, LOL

I don't want an argument with you, as you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, where did the OP say weren't 'interested in sound or video quality'? Anyway i'm sure your input into this thread has been greatly appreciated.
    As to the actual thread, if the OP doesn't mind using itunes, then there are very few all-round. better similar-sized comparable media solutions than the current ipod nano; sturdy, well-made, capacious, good image quality and decent audio quality.
    Take a look at a very good written/video review of the current generation here: trustedreviews.com/mp3…/p1

However there won't be a substantial decrease in price before the usual september refresh comes along: there never is, as ipods generally tend to hold their value quite well. Unless you really need one for the next few days/weeks or can pick up and older generation on here at a discounted price, I would wait the 6 weeks or so and hopefully purchase the newer model as soon as it's released.

Eight gig memory card in your mobile. Tenner. No extra pocket space. Sorted.

I've got a nano 16GB (4th gen) and daughter has nano (5th gen) which has the video recording (and which she never uses). I love mine as its still played daily. Only wanted it to listen to music so if that's all you want it for then I'd go for the nano. I thought the Touch was too big and bulky, as was the Classic. Not sure what new features would be on the next nano though.

dxx

Eight gig memory card in your mobile. Tenner. No extra pocket space. … Eight gig memory card in your mobile. Tenner. No extra pocket space. Sorted.

Good point, however some people simply prefer having a dedicated music/media player.

Banned

whatsThePoint

reliable buyers guide on a mac site LOLthe posters on this thread are so … reliable buyers guide on a mac site LOLthe posters on this thread are so funny today

I'm a troll, fol-de-roll....

Original Poster

hey guys thanks for the replies...i think i may wait...dont need one straight away...i think i can wait 6 weeks! lol

Original Poster

Actually might open my options, anyone recommend me a better mp3 player? Only going to be used for music, and need a very user friendly interface

Stick with the iPod. You will not regret it. The people on here who say not to get an iPod are just jealous. The user interface is second to none, it just works. iTunes is a great place to buy and organise your music. There is a reason people call all MP3 players iPod's lol.

Also, I would go get it now, there isnt much more they can do with the new nano, and you will be forever waiting to buy one if you worry about what will be released in the future, cos apple are releasing things all the time!!

Enjoy

Original Poster

Only one month away but that debenhams offer seems good lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1421
      2. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      3. What would be HELL to you?1920
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620

See more discussions