Found 11th Jun 2009
Hey came in today and put my ipod on charge in the computer showed up but the screen flickered and then is kind of on like the backlight is but its just black with a few white splodges here and there.

Its an ipod nano!

Still shows up in itunes....i have reset it to factory settings but that aint helped...any ideas?

10 Comments

Hi,
If it is the software problem, you can definitely fix it by hard resetting.

support.apple.com/kb/…320

Original Poster

Dont think its software. Just tried it and nothing happened

Any other ideas?

Will chedck in morning. Thanks though

Original Poster

yeh hard reset def not working

how old??

glenncraneuk;5469961

Dont think its software. Just tried it and nothing happened :(Any other … Dont think its software. Just tried it and nothing happened :(Any other ideas?Will chedck in morning. Thanks though

Still in the warranty?

Original Poster

How long is the warranty? 1 year? Going to find out how old...but how>>>

Original Poster

Was bought in jAN 09 from HUKD, but brand new in box. So registered it when i got it!

Just found out it is in warranty til end of October but have three options for a service from apple....which one do i choose?

Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple has a large network of trained technicians to help service your product.
Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Apple Retail Store
An Apple Store Genius Bar is the place to go for advice, hands-on technical support, and hardware service from a Mac Genius.
Find an Apple Retail Store

Apple offers online service for your product.
Request Online Service

Book a genius appointment at your closest Apple store, at a guess they will go out back, and pick you up a brand new shiny one and swap them, their customer service is one of the best in the country.

Original Poster

iCodd;5487538

Book a genius appointment at your closest Apple store, at a guess they … Book a genius appointment at your closest Apple store, at a guess they will go out back, and pick you up a brand new shiny one and swap them, their customer service is one of the best in the country.

Thanks will see if there is one anywhere near

If it is in the Warranty, I am 99% sure, Apple will swap it with the refurbished(Like New) one unless it is damaged because of user carelessness.

If you are not sure if it is in the warranty, you can simply check the serial number in the following link.

selfsolve.apple.com/Get….do
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1847
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.714
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993247
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769450

See more discussions